Cinnamon Extras PPA (discontinued)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hortimech

Re: Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated April 9)

Post by hortimech »

Hmm, I normally just update when prompted by the shield icon and I installed from the DVD iso downloaded after LM12 was released.
So I opened a terminal and ran sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
linux-generic linux-headers-generic linux-image-generic
The following packages will be upgraded:
linux-headers-3.0.0-16 linux-headers-3.0.0-16-generic
linux-image-3.0.0-16-generic linux-libc-dev thunderbird
thunderbird-globalmenu thunderbird-gnome-support thunderbird-locale-en
thunderbird-locale-en-gb thunderbird-locale-en-us
xserver-xorg-video-openchrome
11 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 72.1 MB of archives.
After this operation, 602 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

I cannot see anything there that would affect apt, unless somebody knows better.
bimsebasse

Re: Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated April 12)

Post by bimsebasse »

Updated today with a theme and two applets on request:
SallyK wrote:The main one that I'm missing is the Window List with preview - I've got used to it looking that way with Compiz on Mint 9, and it's nice to have the same layout.

I also use the Simpler Menu (along with the separate Places and Quit applets) - http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets/view/40 - but I know there's a lot of different menu possibilities.
sudo apt-get install cinnamon-applet-windowlistpreview
sudo apt-get install cinnamon-applet-simplermenu
Monsta wrote:I can't find this classic theme in the repo though. Am I missing something?
If it's actually not there, can you please add it? :)
sudo apt-get install cinnamon-theme-cinnamon-classic
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Great, thanks bimsebasse :)
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

Thanks from me as well, bimmsebasse, especially for creating and maintaining this repository. makes things that much easier and dalcde's "Window List with Preview" applet works a treat.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
SallyK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SallyK »

Thank you - that's all my favourite applets in the PPA now. :-)
bimsebasse

Re: Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated April 15)

Post by bimsebasse »

drjster

Post by drjster »

Works beautifully in LMDE 201204 Cinnamon, and so easy and convenient to use! Thanks very much bimsebasse.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

... aaaaand a Cinnamon restart applet:

cinnamon-applet-restartcinnamon
Mushorwell

Re: New Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated April 8)

Post by Mushorwell »

esteban1uy wrote:Beautiful!
Thank you Bim and dalcde for such a wonderful applet.
Woah, the beauty of Cinnamon unveiled indeed!!! What cinnamon theme are you using? And also that conky theme??? I want it!! XD
Mushorwell

Post by Mushorwell »

I really like the applets for Cinnamon, this is really promising and only something great is going to come out of Cinnamon. I'm now having a problem of not having enough space on my cinnamon panel for the window list, so I also use a cairo-dock. Works better than I thought actually, it's and occasionally does get sluggish otherwise I would recommend this to anyone who does not have a big screen and likes his/her applets. My laptop has an AMD Athlon 1.6Ghz processor with 3 gig RAM and runs with a Gallium 0.4 on ATI RS690 driver.

Question: Is it possible to get window previews for the cairo-dock? I know in mint 11 (LMDE UP3) cairo dock could show previews thanks to compiz.
Compiz, you will be missed :/
esteban1uy

Re: New Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated April 8)

Post by esteban1uy »

Mushorwell wrote:Woah, the beauty of Cinnamon unveiled indeed!!! What cinnamon theme are you using? And also that conky theme??? I want it!! XD
Cinnamon theme is Minty: http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/25
My conky is just a variation I made for myself of the classic conky-lua: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=139024

Cinnamon is elegant, refined, classic... it's your linux wearing Armani.
bimsebasse

Re: Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated April 16)

Post by bimsebasse »

Mushorwell

Post by Mushorwell »

You can say that again :)

And thanks, downloaded minty and I have the default conky lua. Really great work with conky, as for me I don't think I'm ready yet to start making my own modifications and editions, I think I'll stick with the default version for now. Cinnamon really is close to the gnome 3 I hoped for.
CaptainMark

Post by CaptainMark »

whens the precise branch coming? any ideas
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

CaptainMark wrote:whens the precise branch coming? any ideas
Either just before or just after the official release. Gotta figure out what the easiest approach is.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

cinnamon-applet-windowiconlist has had a major update and went from to great to greater, everybody using it should do a system update to receive the changes (open Update Manager/Synaptic or type sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade in terminal)
bimsebasse

Re: Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated April 21)

Post by bimsebasse »

Added a lock screen applet: cinnamon-applet-lockscreen
Mushorwell

Post by Mushorwell »

bimsebasse wrote:cinnamon-applet-windowiconlist has had a major update and went from to great to greater, everybody using it should do a system update to receive the changes (open Update Manager/Synaptic or type sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade in terminal)
I wish I could use it, but I had to remove it because it wasn't fitting on the panel with all the panel icons I have :( Really hope someone can make an applet tray like that on windows and kde where some of the applets can be placed in that tray, and hidden when not being actively looked at. It would make things much nicer for those with smaller screens.
I have updated nonetheless.
Currently I use the cairo-dock, but can't get any windows previews. I know with compiz it was possible, but cinnamon is not compatible with compiz. Hey well, Works smoothly contrary to what I feared on my 3gig ram, single and modest 1.6ghz processor AMD Athlon. Guess I can just enjoy what I have.

(Update) Turns out there is another applet now called "Window list with app grouping" I don't know whether it changes size of the tabbed running programs on the panel, but it works like a charm, fits perfectly on my panel. Awesome stuff: http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets/view/16
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Mushorwell wrote:(Update) Turns out there is another applet now called "Window list with app grouping" I don't know whether it changes size of the tabbed running programs on the panel, but it works like a charm, fits perfectly on my panel. Awesome stuff: http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets/view/16
No, that's the same applet, the author changed the name but I kept the package name (or users wouldn't get the update) - you can click on blue applet package names in here, they take you to their spices website profiles.
z06gal

Re: Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated April 21)

Post by z06gal »

Anyone here having any luck with the cinnadock extension? It installs fine but how do you make changes? If I right click, I get nothing. It comes up on the right side of the screen but I am not getting the same choices as it shows on the site with autohide, placement, etc. What am I missing? Thanks for doing this bim. It sure makes it easier :wink:

Robin

Return to “Cinnamon”