Dragging window issue

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nomko

Dragging window issue

Post by nomko »

Hi,

Everytime when i drag a windows over my desktop and let it loose, it expands over my whole desktop, really annoying. I'm using Mint 12 + Cinnamon 14. How can i prevent that windows expand over my entirte desktop after i drag it? I really don't want expanded windows on my desktop. At least not for Firewfox and terminal.
Many thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwwgateway

Re: Dragging window issue

Post by cwwgateway »

These are called hot corners, they maximize a window if you "push" it against the top of the screen, and do an aero-snap like thing on the sides (meaning it makes the window take up half the space on the screen). I don't know how to turn this off, though (it's inherant in gnome shell, and therefore cinnamon, and in Ubuntu, and therefore mint).
martensjd

Post by martensjd »

I don't think it's inherent in Mint since Gnome Classic (no effects) doesn't have this bug. I bump my window against the top often enough that if I can't figure out how to make it not spuriously maximize then I'll go back to Gnome Classic.

Also, I don't think it's hot corners, because I still get this "maximize when bumping against the top" behavior when I disable hot corners.
nomko

Post by nomko »

martensjd wrote:I don't think it's inherent in Mint since Gnome Classic (no effects) doesn't have this bug. I bump my window against the top often enough that if I can't figure out how to make it not spuriously maximize then I'll go back to Gnome Classic.

Also, I don't think it's hot corners, because I still get this "maximize when bumping against the top" behavior when I disable hot corners.
It is under Cinnamon, not Gnome Classic.
Eric Lucas

Post by Eric Lucas »

It's in System Settings -> Preferences -> Windows -> Enable Edge Tiling ("Aero Snap")
Uncheck that and the behavior stops.
Thankfully.

Return to “Cinnamon”