Theme elements stuck - won't change.

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Theme elements stuck - won't change.

Postby mightybrick on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:31 am

I've downloaded installed several GTK3 themes to try in Cinnamon 1.4 on Mint 12. I applied a few different window themes and restarted Cinnamon to get them to apply completely. However, I'm having a few elements from an old theme stick, and I can't get them to change after applying a new theme. I took some screenshots to try to illustrate this:
blue bar.png
blue bar.png (138.22 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Notice the blue highlighted bar, even though the theme sets the highlight as orange (Ambiance Ubuntu).
blue selector.png
blue selector.png (200.21 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Notice the blue highlight over the bookmark button in Chrome. All buttons are toggles are blue, even thought no blue is contained in the currently applied theme (Ambiance Ubuntu).
Even after changing themes, restarting Cinnamon, rebooting, logging into Gnome, I can't get the blue highlights to go away. I think it came from the Ambiance Elementary GTK3 theme (http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/43). I tried uninstalling the theme, and everything else I can think of short of nuking this install and starting over. All I need now is a suggestion to point me in the right direction. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Is there a main config or css file somewhere that would need to be edited by hand to change this?
mightybrick
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Theme elements stuck - won't change.

Postby MrBob22 on Thu May 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Hmm, I also tried one of the new themes, which changed one of the desktop icons blue, and it does not want to change back. (Using LM12)

I dont know the answer, but I will be looking harder now!
MrBob22
MrBob22
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper