How can I change Google Chrome icon in Linux Mint?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
McV

How can I change Google Chrome icon in Linux Mint?

Post by McV »

Just have installed Google Chrome and noticed that it's icon appears with ugly grayish blue background. The icon seems kind of native "Mint" icon, because on other distros Chrome icon looks usual: like only Chrome's logo

How can I change it to defaul? Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
aes2011
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How can I change Google Chrome icon in Linux Mint?

Post by aes2011 »

McV wrote:Just have installed Google Chrome and noticed that it's icon appears with ugly grayish blue background. The icon seems kind of native "Mint" icon, because on other distros Chrome icon looks usual: like only Chrome's logo

How can I change it to defaul? Thanks!
Are you sure you have Chrome and not Chromium? Chromium's icon is blue/grey.
McV

Post by McV »

Please, see attachment
Java_Az

Post by Java_Az »

McV wrote:Please, see attachment
That is the default icon, but you can change it. Not sure what mint edition and theme your running though. If you have the icon set you want you just have to replace the default ones. My default icons are in usr/share/icons/Mint-X/apps then you will have quit a few folders with different sized icons. To replace them you need a icon set like this http://www.iconarchive.com/show/browser ... -icon.html but i am also running Mint 13 Cinnamon with Mint -X icon theme. Never really messed with icons before this edition so i am not sure how different older versions are. But that how i changed mine to this squar looking one with no boarder.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”