Linux Mint 13 MATE and Shiki-Wise theme

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
0k1w

Linux Mint 13 MATE and Shiki-Wise theme

Post by 0k1w »

I use Linux Mint occasionally since version 7 (Gloria) and I administer a few machines of my family members and friends running Linux Mint. So far I managed to configure the system unaided. Current version (Maya) cause problems which surpass my computing skills. By default it offers two themes: Mint-X and Mint-Z as well as a new style icons. I dislike these themes and icons so I decided to restore Shiki-Wise theme. I copied to /usr/share/themes directory the following directories from the previous Mint version: Shiki-Colors-Easy-Metacity, Shiki-Colors-Striped-Metacity , Shiki-Colors-Metacity, and Shiki-Wise . It was enough to get Shiki-Wise theme as well as old style icons in menus. Unfortunately I encountered three problems...

1. “Logout” and “Quit” windows still display horizontally organized text buttons. I prefer old style windows with big, colorful, vertically organized icons but I have no idea what could I do in order to restore them. So my first question is how can I get these old style “Logout” and “Quit” windows back?

2. Since Shiki-Wise theme disappeared from the current Linux Mint version I afraid old style icons can disappear in the future too. So I decided to backup all the files used by Shiki-Wise theme but I don’t know which ones are necessary. So far I copied mentioned above Shiki-Colors-Easy-Metacity, Shiki-Colors-Striped-Metacity , Shiki-Colors-Metacity, and Shiki-Wise directories from /usr/share/themes directory as well as gnome-colors-common and gnome-wise directories from /usr/share/icons directory. Unfortunately I don’t see there some old style icons, for example for Firefox and Thunderbird. So my second question is what else I have to backup in order to restore in the future Shiki-Wise theme together with the accompanying icons?

3. To be double sure I decided also to backup Shiki-Wise related source packages from http://packages.debian.org/sid/shiki-wise-theme site. So far I collected the following packages: gnome-colors_5.5.1.orig.tar.gz , gtk2-engines-murrine_0.98.1.1.orig.tar.gz , metacity_2.34.1.orig.tar.bz2 , and shiki-colors-murrine_4.6.orig.tar.gz . I’m not sure if all of them are necessary as well as I don’t know if all of them are sufficient. So my third question is which source packages I need to save in order to be possible to restore Shiki-Wise in Linux Mint in the future?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux Mint 13 MATE and Shiki-Wise theme

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”