I have also been seeking a nice "Blue look", and have tried many different things, realizing that components do need be customized to fit Cinnamon nicely. For me the best option (and stable) for now, is to:
1. GO Cinnamon Settings > Themes > Other settings - select "Adwaita" as the GTK+ theme - this gives the blue highlights throughout. I also selected Adwaita as the Window theme too.
2. For nice blue icons, download my modified Elementary-X icons
3. Extract to get "Elementary-X" icon folder.
4. Open as Administrator /usr/share/icons directory, then copy Elementary-X into it.
5. GO Cinnamon Settings > Themes > Other settings - then select "Elementary-X" as the Icon theme.
6. For maximum compatability and stability, then select a Theme for Panel/Menu from Cinnamon Settings > Themes.
7. Select your Wallpaper of choice, from menu Preferences > Appearance, or right-click on desktop and select "Change Desktop Background".
Mint 14 Cinnamon 64-bit | SolusOS
1.2 64-bit | SolusOS
Dell Inspiron 15R(N5110) - Intel i7-2670QM, 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz, Intel 6 Express Chipset HM67
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, 500GB SATA, 15.6" HD 1366x768 - nVidia Optimus Graphics
powered by Bumblebee