[SOLVED] Lightdm background change from desktop

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

[SOLVED] Lightdm background change from desktop

Postby The_Riskbreaker on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 am

Simple question, that may involve Ubuntu. I just installed Maya and went from MDM to Lightdm. I was trying to find out if there was a way to make the background there different from my desktop. All the sites I find usually refence Ubuntu and this file: /etc/lightdm/unity-greeter.conf. That conf file is not in that directory, unless it's hidden. (in which case i'll just follow the instruction to edit it)

I've seen many ways to do it in Ubuntu, even using a lighdm modification program someone wrote. So, assuming that file is strictly Ubuntu, can you change the Login BG to differ from the desktop in Maya? Or is that something i'd have to hack to get accomplished?
Last edited by The_Riskbreaker on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Riskbreaker
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: lightdm background change from desktop (unity-greeter.co

Postby Monsta on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:24 am

Unity-greeter does not use that configuration file anymore (as of Ubuntu 12.04/Mint 13), it stores everything in its GSettings.
Look here for instructions.

You can also use dconf-editor (it's in the dconf-tools package) instead of gsettings command-line tool. Just make sure you're running it as a user named lightdm.
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Re: lightdm background change from desktop (unity-greeter.co

Postby The_Riskbreaker on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:57 am

That's what i've discovered during my morning surfing. As long as the picture can differ from my desktop WP i'm good. Thanks!
The_Riskbreaker
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper