Making Main Menu icon bigger than panel bar

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
The_Riskbreaker

Making Main Menu icon bigger than panel bar

Post by The_Riskbreaker »

Okay, I know a friend who did this in Fedora, and I believe Ubuntu as well. His Main Menu button is an orb that's larger than the actual bar, kinda like what *cough* win7 *cough* has. So I thought of trying to use an orb with a mint leaf in it for my menu. The first problem is that I can't seem to get the background to be transparent, so it saves as a circle and not a square. (I'm looking up online how to fix this). But more importantly, using this icon there causes the system to shrink it down to fit inside the bar. Is it possible to do like other OS's have done and make it go outside the bar's boundaries? Or is this impossible without a lot of hard coding?

Thanks,
The_Riskbreaker
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
erka

Re: Making Main Menu icon bigger than panel bar

Post by erka »

Try by installing such popular candies I made when I was drunk :mrgreen: They still work perfectly on my AMD64 :wink:
alpenliebe.png
fisherman.png
halls.png
erka

Re: Making Main Menu icon bigger than panel bar

Post by erka »

..and other candies more :lol:
tictac.png
saila.png
mentosgum.png
Height 25 pixels, length variable candy to candy.

Place your own as superuser in /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu then have your sweet choice by right cliking on menu button.

Slurp!

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”