[SOLVED] How to make panel black please?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
veganpete

[SOLVED] How to make panel black please?

Post by veganpete »

Great desktop! I want to make the panels look black instead of silver please.

If I right click panel and select 'properties' and 'background' and 'solid colour', I can change it to black howerver all the panel text is also black and cannot be read. So...
If I then change the text color to white ('control center' and 'appearance preferences' and 'customize' and 'colours' and 'windows: text') the text on the panel can be read but not on the windows which are then white text on light grey window decorations :(

Is there a way to have black panels with white panel text but still black text on windows? ie: so I can read text both on windows and on panels?

Thanks, Pete ;)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Neurons_at_Work

Re: How to make panel black please?

Post by Neurons_at_Work »

Pete--

You *might* want to try downloading and installing the 'Shiki-Brave' theme from the package manager. I did on three different computers and I think it is an awesome look without modifying it at all. I'm using Mint 13 Mate. There are several different color versions of this but I really like the blue folders/white text on very dark gray sort of 3D background. The only thing it doesn't change is the MintMenu background, but I darkened it up a little manually. Hope that helps--
Ron
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
veganpete

Post by veganpete »

* Sorted! Used 'human murrine netbook' controls with panel set to 'solid colour' (black) and windows set to 'mint x' and icons set to 'mint x dark' - sweet! :mrgreen:
Thanks for suggestion!

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”