nemo breadcrumbs customization by a bleeding noob

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
norumaru

nemo breadcrumbs customization by a bleeding noob

Post by norumaru »

Hi, perfectionist that I am, I don't like the look of the beadcrumbs bar in nemo 1.8, and would like to try to integrate it better with the Mint-X borders' "flat" look. I've read these instructions to customizing it, and created the nemo.css file similar to the github file in /usr/share/themes/Mint-X/gtk-3.0 and added

Code: Select all

@import url("gtk-widgets.css");
to the gtk.css file there, but no changes I did to nemo.css seemed to have any effect.

It doesn't help that I have only a very rudimentary understanding of css, either. What I want to do, basically, is to have the breadcrumbs "buttons" flat-looking like the icons next to them, and go bright instead of green at hovering and grey when active, just like the other nemo icons next to them do - pretty much like this stage of design had them, just with light grey instead of green. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: nemo breadcrumbs customization by a bleeding noob

Post by JosephM »

Mint-x already has a nemo.css file included inside the themes apps folder. The easiest thing to do is just add the changes you want to make directly in that file. If you look in the gtk.css you will see there is already an include for apps/nemo.css
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”