KDE Bouncing Icon on Cinnamon?

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

KDE Bouncing Icon on Cinnamon?

Postby thomas.raines on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:25 pm

I installed KDE to check it out. Had an issue with fonts and theming. But one thing I really liked was the bouncing icon attached to the mouse cursor when you clicked on something.

Where can I get it and how can I install it in Linux Mint 14 with cinnamon?

I still have kde installed on my "backup, just in case, ah crap I didn't mean to delete that" drive. So I can pull it from the filesystem. I just don't know what it's called and where it's at. I did pull all the cursors from /usr/share/icons, but it wasn't in there...
thomas.raines
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: KDE Bouncing Icon

Postby xenopeek on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:11 am

That's part of Kickoff, the KDE menu. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can't use Kickoff outside of KDE.

Cinnamon bounces the icon of applications you launch if you have a launcher for that application on the panel. I've not see a way to add a bouncing icon to the mouse cursor on Cinnamon.
Forum Rules | IRC Channel Rules
Arch Linux / 64-bit / Gnome Shell
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Re: KDE Bouncing Icon

Postby thomas.raines on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:36 am

xenopeek wrote:That's part of Kickoff, the KDE menu. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can't use Kickoff outside of KDE.

Cinnamon bounces the icon of applications you launch if you have a launcher for that application on the panel. I've not see a way to add a bouncing icon to the mouse cursor on Cinnamon.

I was affraid that was going to be the answer... thanks anyways...
thomas.raines
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper