Where do you put MDM LinuxMint Themes at?

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Where do you put MDM LinuxMint Themes at?

Postby Andreadixon825 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi, I just downloaded Linux Mint KDE 15, and I want to change the MDM to a different theme where will I put this at, what folder to put it in. Thanks :D
Andreadixon825
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Where do you put MDM LinuxMint Themes at?

Postby samriggs on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Andreadixon825 wrote:Hi, I just downloaded Linux Mint KDE 15, and I want to change the MDM to a different theme where will I put this at, what folder to put it in. Thanks :D

I don't know about KDE but the usual way is make sure it's compressed as a tar.gz file format, my themes on deviantart are zip format because they will not allow tar.gz, if it's one of mine, just extract it, right click on the folder that is extracted re-compress it as a tar.gz once that is done open your login window (on lmde it is found under adminstration in the menu section under the theme tab make sure html is selected in the drop down, then just drag the file into that window with the other theme images in it and it will install ti for you, then just select it and your ready to go.
Hope it works the same in kde, I am putting solydk on my other computer with mdm but haven't gotten around to it yet so I am not sure how it works with linux mint kde but it should be the same way hopefully.
Sam
"Windows: the worst system for the most money, Linux: the best system for free"
Registered Linux User #545430
SolydK
samriggs
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper