Text color in Software Sources <Sort of Solved>

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Penn

Text color in Software Sources <Sort of Solved>

Post by Penn »

Mint 17 Cinnamon.

I have created a custom theme. I'm considering sharing it but I want to fix one issue. There are two sections in Software Sources that I can't figure out how to change the text color.

My custom theme
mintx.png
The way it looks in Mint-X
custom.png

I have attempted every possible way I can think of to figure this out. Am I missing something or is the text color written into the app? If so, is there a work around?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: Text color in Software Sources

Post by caribriz »

Hi,

I think I found the text -

Warning: Backports and unstable packages can introduce regressions and negatively impact your
system. Please do not enable these options in Linux Mint unless it was suggested by the
development team.

in the file /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintSources/mintSources.py
on line 605 - you can change this color (as root) for the app:

....... foreground='#3c3c3c'............

But, I don't know how to fix it in a theme.
Penn

Re: Text color in Software Sources <Sort of Solved>

Post by Penn »

Thanks caribriz.

I deleted " foreground='#3c3c3c' " and the text is now the same as the text in the rest of the window. If someone who know how to create new entries in theme .css or gtkrc from the .py file, I think that text should be using "color: @warning_color". For now I'll call this "Sort of solved".

Maybe if I have time later I can look at the py files form other apps to figure out how to create entries. I haven't done actual programming since the days when you started PC's with a 3.5 inche disk so I am lost at the moment.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”