[Solved] Can I use xfce-dusk-2 theme?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lehnerus2000
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] Can I use xfce-dusk-2 theme?

Post by lehnerus2000 »

Hi
I've given up trying to modify my old theme.
It's too difficult with my Linux skill level (I may as well be hacking dll files in Windows).
It's frustrating as it mostly works except I can't modify the font colour of inactive windows and as a result it is impossible to read the title bar text.

However I can't figure out how to install themes from GNOME-Look, which is where I end up if I click on "Get more themes online".
I tried searching for the answer using Google & DuckDuckGo, but the only relevant(?) result was how to install a theme which had an install script! :?

Specifically, I can't figure out how to install the "xfce-dusk-2" theme in Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit).
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=163221

When I try to use it I get a warning saying "... required window manager theme xfce-dusk-2 is not installed". (well duh)

Is it possible to install this theme?
If yes, how is it done?

BTW, what does the "Install" button do on the Theme tab in the Appearance Preferences?

Thanks in advance. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PJL
"If your plan was any more 'perfect', you'd be dead!"
lehnerus2000
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can I use xfce-dusk-2 theme?

Post by lehnerus2000 »

I found a similar theme in the Program Repository, so I'm marking this thread "Solved".
PJL
"If your plan was any more 'perfect', you'd be dead!"

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”