Where is the following color parameter defined.

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fish_tank

Where is the following color parameter defined.

Post by fish_tank »

I am making a theme for Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9thHD ... sp=sharing
As you can see in the image link above, I want to change that yellow color (#f7f7be) shade into something more dark.
Could anyone please tell me where this color is defined and also what this component is called.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Penn

Re: Where is the following color parameter defined.

Post by Penn »

Your colors are almost the same as the ones I use for my self-designed theme. I tried finding the same elements in the css files and couldn't (as well as the software sources search text). Hopefully you have better luck than me.

Another few places you might have issues with those colors and I'm curious if you ran across them or figured out how to set them in the theme-

Open "Software Sources" and below the words "Optional Components" is a warning for which I couldn't find a way to change the text color through the theme (but it is changeable in the program itself - I don't know how to configure overrides on my own) which isn't logical if you might be changing themes. Same thing for the text in many other apps (mostly Mint or Cinnamon features). It seems these places should all have theme generated overrides or better yet, just set by the theme itself.

Found in settings -
"Login Window" where it denotes GTK or HTML themes.
Language settings where it denotes character encoding.
Desklets and Applets - descriptions
Backgrounds - resolution sizes
Driver Manager - the word version and bottom line description and probably (recommended) and (open-source) or (proprietary) but the probably items don't affect my theme color.

The others I can think of at the moment aren't Mint or Cinnamon specific.

I don't mean to thread-jack but I was hoping you know how to "fix" these things and if not maybe a bug report should be filed since, as I said before, these should be controlled by the theme. The only reason I didn't post my theme for others is these issues. And really, our colors are very similar so you might have liked it (if you can handle a dash of bluish purple).
fish_tank

Post by fish_tank »

Thank you I was hoping that if I found how to fix this one then I could fix others (as you mentioned) too.
oba123

Post by oba123 »

It looks to be hard coded in /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintInstall/mintinstall.py

Code: Select all

wTree.get_widget("search_in_category_hbox_wrapper").modify_bg(gtk.STATE_NORMAL, gtk.gdk.color_parse("#F5F5B5"))
fish_tank

Post by fish_tank »

oba123 wrote:It looks to be hard coded in /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintInstall/mintinstall.py

wTree.get_widget("search_in_category_hbox_wrapper").modify_bg(gtk.STATE_NORMAL, gtk.gdk.color_parse("#F5F5B5"))
Thanks a lot. That fixed it.
fish_tank

Post by fish_tank »

Penn wrote:Your colors are almost the same as the ones I use for my self-designed theme. I tried finding the same elements in the css files and couldn't (as well as the software sources search text). Hopefully you have better luck than me.

Another few places you might have issues with those colors and I'm curious if you ran across them or figured out how to set them in the theme-

Open "Software Sources" and below the words "Optional Components" is a warning for which I couldn't find a way to change the text color through the theme (but it is changeable in the program itself - I don't know how to configure overrides on my own) which isn't logical if you might be changing themes. Same thing for the text in many other apps (mostly Mint or Cinnamon features). It seems these places should all have theme generated overrides or better yet, just set by the theme itself.

Found in settings -
"Login Window" where it denotes GTK or HTML themes.
Language settings where it denotes character encoding.
Desklets and Applets - descriptions
Backgrounds - resolution sizes
Driver Manager - the word version and bottom line description and probably (recommended) and (open-source) or (proprietary) but the probably items don't affect my theme color.

The others I can think of at the moment aren't Mint or Cinnamon specific.

I don't mean to thread-jack but I was hoping you know how to "fix" these things and if not maybe a bug report should be filed since, as I said before, these should be controlled by the theme. The only reason I didn't post my theme for others is these issues. And really, our colors are very similar so you might have liked it (if you can handle a dash of bluish purple).
Finally figured these out. All these are hard coded as specified by oba123
Base directory: /usr/lib/linuxmint/
1. Software Manager:-
For the search box: Go to /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintInstall. Open searchentry.py and find the line

self.modify_base(gtk.STATE_NORMAL, yellowish)
and change yellowish to something else.
For the package descriptions:open mintinstall.py and find

model_applications.set_value(iter, 1, "%s\\n<small><span foreground='#
and change the color to maybe(#f5f5f5);
For that weird yellowish background color of that info bar find

as said by oba123 and change the hex color.
You can also change the rating color and reviews text colors etc.
2. Driver manager:-
Go to /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintDrivers/mintDrivers.py you can change "the word version and bottom line description and probably (recommended) and (open-source) or (proprietary). " search for # and you will find the hex at around line number 377 to 389.

3. Software sources:-
Open /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintSources/mintSources.py
Find "Warning: Backports and" at line number 691 change foreground="#3c3c3c" to something else.

After making the changes the software manager looks as https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9thHD ... sp=sharing
while earlier it looked as https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9thHD ... sp=sharing
Driver manager looks as https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9thHD ... sp=sharing
asdergoth

Post by asdergoth »

System Settings -> Languages the UTF-8 text is in mintlocale.py line 865

What about Applets and Desklets descriptions?

I'm also looking for the blue "More Info" text in Available Extensions (online)

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”