reset Cinnamon font size to default

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

reset Cinnamon font size to default

Postby newkansan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:52 am

In playing with the GTK and window decorator themes, something happened to the Cinnamon weather applet pop-up. The font is now very small and the formatting is off from how it looks by default. None of the theme editors in Mint 12 have a "reset to default" toggle that I can see, and I didn't realize I needed to keep track of my changes at the time. Any ideas on how to reset this?

Thanks!
weather.png
weather.png (28.84 KiB) Viewed 501 times
newkansan
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: reset Cinnamon font size to default

Postby bimsebasse on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:29 pm

I think that's an issue with the weather applet and not with system font settings (do you see it anywhere else?) - I experience the "looking off" with the applet too.
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Postby newkansan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 pm

I figured it out! Under Cinnamon Settings->Themes->Other Settings, the Window Theme *must* be set to Adwaita for the weather applet pop-up to display normally. Sorry for asking for help on a problem I solved myself, but hopefully this will help someone else.

Best Regards...
Attachments
weather2.png
weather2.png (31.9 KiB) Viewed 498 times
newkansan
Level 1
Level 1

Postby newkansan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:44 pm

By the way, to the developers of Cinnamon, I do think it would be a good idea to add a "Reset Defaults" button in the Cinnamon Settings pages. I have already found myself accidentally changing settings, or thinking I did, then not knowing what the defaults were, so not sure if I changed it or not.

I have to say, I have been using Ubuntu 10.04 since it came out, and wondering what I was going to do when 12.04 is released. I've tested Unity, tried to get used to it, and just couldn't. I was set on moving to Xubuntu, then decided to give Mint a shot when I read about Cinnamon. I have to say, I am very pleasantly surprised and excited again for Mint 13 to come out. On my main laptop, I'll stick with Ubuntu 10.04 until Mint 13 is released, but I have some spare machines that I will be testing Mint 12 on in the meantime. Thank you, Mint team!
newkansan
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper