An idea

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
steveking

An idea

Post by steveking »

Ok so in the Desktop shot thread I saw someone come up with a new idea.
delicious wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:
On that note i have a challenge for you!

That was done with rainmeter, but I would absolutely LOVE a linux version/conky etc.. If you can somehow pull it off. :D (Im currently using one of your mixtures from your deviant art right now. )
And I must admit it would be an amazing idea, but the question I ask is how would you go about doing this?
How to make the 'spine' a menu launcher? This could be interesting even if it were changed abit, for example you could make it a 'mint' vine with minty leaves coming off for the launchers.

Thats just my 10pence lol!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: An idea

Post by xenopeek »

The customizers of how the desktop looks are here, so moving it here I think :wink:
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

About three days of hard work with conky :D
steveking

Post by steveking »

How could I start? And could it be made downloadable?
The_Riskbreaker

Post by The_Riskbreaker »

Well even though that screen (the DNA-esque helix and chem symbols) was made by a Windows desktop mod program called Rainmeter, I have to wonder if it can't be done. If it can't Rainmeter is open source, so maybe we'll see a port of it someday. But on the workabiliuty issue, it's like having a web page for a desktop. The issue is whether or not Conky can support links. So far all the configs i've seen are just displays. Being able to click on something in a Conky setup and having it, for example, go to your Documents folder, would be a start.

If linking with Conky is possible, and I can find out how, i'm all for spending a little of my free time trying something in my free time. Can't be much harder than programming in COBOL or RPG, right?

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”