[SOLVED] - Mate - some Tooltips and menus are blank

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
snake2903

[SOLVED] - Mate - some Tooltips and menus are blank

Post by snake2903 »

I have problem with Compiz and MATE DE.
I installed Compiz because i have some problems with Java and marco window manager,
after that everything works perfect except two thing:

1. When i put my cursor on network icon in taskbar, it shows preview but it's black and there is no text. On other icons normally shows popup dialog and there is text.

2. In LibreOffice when select File, edit... or something else on menu.... it shows menu, but there is no more name of that menu.

I think that i need to configure something in Compiz but i don't now what.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mate and Compiz - samo previews and menus are blank

Post by xenopeek »

Had you already upgraded to MATE 1.4? That might have solved the issues without needing to install Compiz. I don't know what the problem with Compiz is.

Instructions to install MATE 1.4: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 15#p624015
snake2903

Re: Mate and Compiz - samo previews and menus are blank

Post by snake2903 »

I have MATE 1.4, but i use Compiz becasue i have samo problems with JAVA applications....
and Compiz have workaround fix for that.

Everything else works fine, except those two things.
snake2903

Re: Mate - some previews and menus are blank

Post by snake2903 »

I found solution for my problem....

It's not Compiz problem, it's MATE Themes problems when you customize them...

I changed window manager back to marco and modified theme as i want... and problem was back again... then i try to found where is the problem....

Open Apperance from mintMenu, after that press Customize for your current theme and press tab Colors... than you'll get this:

For problem with network tooltip you should change Tooltips colors to this: Backgroun: white and Text: black...
I don't know why but only for network icon it's not showing tooltip text in color that is selected by default.

For problem with menus in Libreoffice change Selected Items Text to black....

And finally you'l get this:

So moderators please move this thread back to MATE DE section, since this is not problem with Compiz.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”