change compiz shortkeys

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mrsfrog

change compiz shortkeys

Post by mrsfrog »

Hi All,

new to Mint, but not to linux, just swapped from ubuntu about 10 min ago as they made the new version all uncustomizable (is that a word?). I'm not a computer person, I really only got onto linux cause I don't like Bill Gates and I like to have power of my stuff and change it to my liking.

Working just like normal for now, but I did run into the problem that the shortkey for making the screen negative is the same as for opening the sound menu in the bar, they are both Super+m. I really like to use negative, so how do I fix this? I can't seem to change the shortcuts in compiz and the general shortcuts in preferences doesn't let me change the one for sound.
Is there a work-around, or another place I can change the shortkeys?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: change compiz shortkeys

Post by remoulder »

Compiz settings are configured in the CompizConfig Settings Manager (ccsm in a Alt+F2 Run box)
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
mrsfrog

Post by mrsfrog »

ah, yeah, by left-clicking on it. geez I feel stupid now :oops:

Still, I changed the shortkey, but haven't gotten it to work yet. I guess I need to find the golden combination that isn't used for anything else?
mrsfrog

Post by mrsfrog »

its still not working. I changed the keys to just about any setting I can imagine and it will not work.
anyone else with a good idea?

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”