Unity on LM11: How to run compiz?

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
podagee

Unity on LM11: How to run compiz?

Post by podagee »

Screenshot.png
so i recently installed mint 11 again and put unity in it.absolutely loving it.only problem is no compiz again.i tried it with the guidoice ppa and it crashes majorly.any ideas on how to get it running?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mthees

Re: my recent project

Post by mthees »

I don't have an answer for you, but I am curious. Is it crashing because you installed unity? I am thinking of installing unity as we speak. And by thinking I mean I just decided to go ahead and install it since frankly I enjoy throwing caution to the wind :P
podagee

Post by podagee »

the unity runs flawless in mint 11 as im sure you know how to install it:
sudo apt-get install unity
unity
all done in terminal.
compiz is there but i havent tested the waters yet with the cube.i really dislike reinstalling my os.as far as unity goes,its a beautiful thing.a lot more enjoyable then just plain old mint.im gonna test the cube right now and ill let you know how it went.
podagee

Post by podagee »

as normally unity broke now im stuck with the problem of not being able to drag my windows around.any ideas how to fix that?
podagee

Post by podagee »

okay got the compiz working.before enabling cube,go to general options/desktop size H size 4,V size 1,Number of Desktops 4.
enable cube and rotate cube now turn unity back on and ignore conflicts.it should work fine.
podagee

Post by podagee »

Screenshot.png
okay as i said before you are going to have broken things.just go into compiz and turn them on such as window drag,snapshot,etc.it works fine.you might have to log out and back in a few times while doing compiz but the finished product should be fine
mthees

Post by mthees »

Thanks! this is a nice little tutorial on getting Unity to going on your Mint system. Though I have to admit I've had few issues with it at all, only thing that gave me a snag was my windows wouldn't maximize and minimize but that was not reoccurring. Thank you again though!
proxima_centauri

Re: Unity on LM11: How to run compiz?

Post by proxima_centauri »

I hope you don't mind, I edited the title to be more informative of the request.
podagee

Re: Unity on LM11: How to run compiz?

Post by podagee »

mthees your welcome
proxima im okay with it
thanks guys

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”