Set Conky so cannot be minimised

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Set Conky so cannot be minimised

Postby linux_matt on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:10 pm

I have conky running on my Fluxbox desktop and in the apps file have specified the layer as 12 (desktop). When I use my shortcut to minimise all windows, it also minimise conky, whereas I use the info from conky as a reference and wish it to stay maximised all the time. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance
linux_matt
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Set Conky so cannot be minimised

Postby soccerz619 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:07 pm

linux_matt wrote:I have conky running on my Fluxbox desktop and in the apps file have specified the layer as 12 (desktop). When I use my shortcut to minimise all windows, it also minimise conky, whereas I use the info from conky as a reference and wish it to stay maximised all the time. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance

Find your conky file, and make sure under "Window Specifications" that it has
Code: Select all
own_window_type override

Let me know how it turns out
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
soccerz619
Level 4
Level 4

Postby tjmax on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 am

When I attempt to use override in conky on mint 12, Conky launches but its never on the screen. It took me ages to figure out what i was doing wrong when I was attempting to make my desktop. I ended up using something else other then override and it worked fine, not sure if it minimises or not never noticed. in windows atm cant look to see what I used.
tjmax
Level 1
Level 1

Postby linux_matt on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 am

soccerz619 wrote:
linux_matt wrote:I have conky running on my Fluxbox desktop and in the apps file have specified the layer as 12 (desktop). When I use my shortcut to minimise all windows, it also minimise conky, whereas I use the info from conky as a reference and wish it to stay maximised all the time. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance

Find your conky file, and make sure under "Window Specifications" that it has
Code: Select all
own_window_type override

Let me know how it turns out

Thank you soccerz619 that works fine.
linux_matt
Level 1
Level 1

Postby soccerz619 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:10 am

Glad to hear. I changed mine before I commented that to make sure it would do that to mine too. I had two running and one would stay up but the other would get hidden, and I realized it was because one was set to stay on top and the other wasn't. Glad it works! Don't forget to post it in the Conky showoff thread!
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
soccerz619
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Compiz, Conky, Docks, & Widgets