Set Conky so cannot be minimised

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
linux_matt

Set Conky so cannot be minimised

Post by linux_matt »

I have conky running on my Fluxbox desktop and in the apps file have specified the layer as 12 (desktop). When I use my shortcut to minimise all windows, it also minimise conky, whereas I use the info from conky as a reference and wish it to stay maximised all the time. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
soccerz619

Re: Set Conky so cannot be minimised

Post by soccerz619 »

linux_matt wrote:I have conky running on my Fluxbox desktop and in the apps file have specified the layer as 12 (desktop). When I use my shortcut to minimise all windows, it also minimise conky, whereas I use the info from conky as a reference and wish it to stay maximised all the time. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance
Find your conky file, and make sure under "Window Specifications" that it has

Code: Select all

own_window_type override

Let me know how it turns out
tjmax
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tjmax »

When I attempt to use override in conky on mint 12, Conky launches but its never on the screen. It took me ages to figure out what i was doing wrong when I was attempting to make my desktop. I ended up using something else other then override and it worked fine, not sure if it minimises or not never noticed. in windows atm cant look to see what I used.
linux_matt

Post by linux_matt »

soccerz619 wrote:
linux_matt wrote:I have conky running on my Fluxbox desktop and in the apps file have specified the layer as 12 (desktop). When I use my shortcut to minimise all windows, it also minimise conky, whereas I use the info from conky as a reference and wish it to stay maximised all the time. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance
Find your conky file, and make sure under "Window Specifications" that it has

Code: Select all

own_window_type override

Let me know how it turns out
Thank you soccerz619 that works fine.
soccerz619

Post by soccerz619 »

Glad to hear. I changed mine before I commented that to make sure it would do that to mine too. I had two running and one would stay up but the other would get hidden, and I realized it was because one was set to stay on top and the other wasn't. Glad it works! Don't forget to post it in the Conky showoff thread!

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”