Compiz Plugins not usable/ cannot be activated (Mint 11)

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Screwdriver0815

Compiz Plugins not usable/ cannot be activated (Mint 11)

Post by Screwdriver0815 »

Hi @all,

I recently have installed Linux Mint 11 (Katya) on my ageing Laptop (Lenovo 3000N200 with Nvidia GeForce 7300 GO graphics) and also installed the proprietary Nvidia graphics driver. This works really good.

But there is one issue, and I hope that someone can give me a hint on how to solve this. I already have searched for threads, for similar issues and just found out that the "Cube" is broken, but this is problem for me...

So here is my issue/problem:

When I activate some Compiz Plugins in the Compiz Config Manager, nothing happens. For example, I activate "wobbly windows", then a box pops up that I need to deactivate or activate some other plugins which I do. But then, no wobbly windows. Seems like that compiz does not react at all on changes in CCM. I also tried other options (Desktop Wall, Shift switcher etc) - same result. No reaction on these changes. Restarts did not change anything. The system is updated to the latest level.

In Gconf-tool, the window manager is set to Compiz... everything seems alright... but it is not.

So, what´s wrong here? What do I need to change in the system?

would be great if someone has an answer on this!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”