[SOLVED] Compiz and LM12 RC

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nidwow

[SOLVED] Compiz and LM12 RC

Post by nidwow »

I have questions regarding Compiz and LM12 RC.

Trying to run compiz --replace in the terminal I always stuck at "Setting update Fill_color" and both of my monitors falshing for a sec or two. But it never stop running or give an error I have to killed the terminal to get out of it. Some how I have wiggle & wobble enabled and it seem to work. Next reboot it just went away. To get wiggle & wobble to work again I have to run compiz --replace in terminal and kill it when got stuck at "Setting update Fill_color". This sometime messed up my icons and other stuff.

Other question is does compiz even work in LM12 RC? I have LM11 on the other partition compiz is working just fine. At least I know my heardware are capable of running compiz.

Please help. I really like compiz.

Thank you,
Nid
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Compiz and LM12 RC

Post by remoulder »

Gnome shell uses mutter, it does not work with compiz. If you want to use compiz you have to use fallback mode.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
nidwow

Post by nidwow »

Thank you for the respond.

I am running Gnome Classic. Is that a fallback mode? Or do I have to use MATE?
eric k

Post by eric k »

nidwow wrote:Thank you for the respond.

I am running Gnome Classic. Is that a fallback mode? Or do I have to use MATE?
Yes, that is the Fallback Mode.
nidwow

Post by nidwow »

Got it working now. Not really sure if it suppose to be this way, don't remember doing this with my LM11. I just added the Compiz Fusion Icon in the startup applications.

Now I am pretty happy so far with LM12RC. There are still a little problem here and there but most I can live with it.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”