compiz?(SOLVED)

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
podagee

compiz?(SOLVED)

Post by podagee »

i know that compiz is incompatible with gnome shells mutter but i want to know if anyone has succesfully got it working in mint 12's other desktops,gnome classic or mate.im starting to miss the cube
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
podagee

Re: compiz?

Post by podagee »

tried in both but nothing works.wondering if they have a project going for something compatible?if compiz and its packages are of no use why are there some pre-installed?
meece

Post by meece »

Im running compiz on Mint 12 with gnome 3 shell, I'm even running the obsolete emerald theme manager. however im not running any of the default menus.

Not sure how or what Cairo-dock did, but after i installed cairo-dock, logged out and logged back in using the cairo-dock's log-in I could install compiz though synaptic manager. and have my wobbly windows and win7 emerald theme that i've used since Mint 6 :)
podagee

Post by podagee »

so cairo dock is the key?i dont get it but im gonna give it a test run
podagee

Re: compiz?(SOLVED)

Post by podagee »

i'll be damned it works.
for anyone else who wants it here it is:
software manager and install cairo dock core
now log out and on that gear thing where you select what DE you want there should be an option now that says cairo dock gnome and effects.
select it log in and you have cube and all the other fun stuff with compiz
thanks a lot meece
podagee

Post by podagee »

hope you dont mind meece i wrote a tut in the how to section since it wasnt clear from you on how to do it.big thanks for the direction
podagee

Post by podagee »

meece

Post by meece »

cool glad you got it sorted :mrgreen:

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”