compiz on Dell D630

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintberrycrunch

compiz on Dell D630

Post by mintberrycrunch »

Hi everyone. Am attempting to get into linux again, this time with Mint. I know how to install the new OS and have everything installed. What I want to work on right now is compiz with the intel gma graphics. They say it only works with 3d graphics, but I did attempt to get the cube and all the features running on my EEE PC 900HA, with integrated graphics, so Im assuming there has got to be a way, most likely with some type of command in terminal?

I have the system set to GNOME Classic. I have the option to play with Compiz configurations, but they do not do what they say, such as the Cube affect.

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: compiz on Dell D630

Post by richyrich »

Are the extra compiz packages installed ? A quicksearch in the Package Manager may show something not installed yet.

http://wiki.compiz.org/Hardware/Intel
Reddog1
Level 7
Level 7

Re: compiz on Dell D630

Post by Reddog1 »

I couldn't get compiz to work, either. At least, until I installed cairo-dock. After installing cairo-dock, I rebooted, then from the dropdown menu chose "cairo dock (gnome+effects)" and compiz came up working (wobbly windows, etc). I don't think compiz integrates with Gnome 3 yet. Gnome 3 is a huge PITA trying to get things working, at least it is for me. Cairo is very "Apple-ish", and so far, for me, it has been the only thing that makes Mint12 tolerable. I haven't found anything that doesn't work, yet. Even MATE had a problem with VLC sound.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”