Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vrkalak

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by vrkalak »

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

The LinuxMint Forums has had an 'active' Screenshots Thread for some time now.
And there is a complimentary thread for LMDE screenshots, as well.

The list of pages on this thread keeps growing (338 pages) - at the moment.
A few hundred pages is a lot to go through, when you are trying to find something.
And no one is going to look back at previous screenshots for more than a few pages.

It would be a good and feasible idea to create a new Thread for Screenshots on a 'Monthly' basis

Of course, a Mod/Admin will oversee (namely myself) the creation of the new thread, each month, and the closing of the old topic, once the month is complete.
I have been trying to keep a close eye on these threads, for some time, anyway.

I don't really want to [DELETE] any of the existing screenshots/desktop or artwork from the Forum ... just [LOCK] the old thread and move it to the background, but keep it in the same forum. So that, if somone does want to view the 'old' stuff they can.

A new "Desktop Screenshots" Sub-Forum was created in the Artwork Section, of the Main Forums, just for these threads.

The Forum Mods/Admin will be opening a new Screenshots Thread, the night before the new month is to begin.
Then, as each month comes to a close, I will [LOCK] that old Months thread about 1-2 days after the new month has begin. We should start this with the coming of the New Year (in a few days)

Of course, the 'Current Month' thread will have to be 'sticky-ed' by an Admin. And released from 'sticky-ness' after that month is over.

I shall start the new Mint Desktop Screenshots Thread on January 1, 2012.
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

I haven't messed with this for awhile so here goes...
LM11 LXDE
zulfikar

Post by zulfikar »

Hey I cannot upload an image it says Board quota reached ???
karashata

Post by karashata »

zulfikar wrote:Hey I cannot upload an image it says Board quota reached ???
This thread is actually the wrong place to submit desktop screenshots now, the mods have decided to make monthly threads for them now to cut down on the number of pages to scroll back through, etc etc. See the thread post vrkalak made about three posts up from this one for further details about the change.

January's thread is over here if you wanna post your screenshots: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=207&t=90257

Return to “Screenshots”