It's finally working!!
Well, from the info given above, I never had this applet working before. I've bin keeping add/remove this
applet from time to time to see if it'd work. And this time, I just added it back to the panel (not reinstall),
and everything is just working! I try to think what I've done to my machine. Only thing I can think of is
I've changed the proxy setting from Auto to None (just for my work, not for this applet testing or anything).
And it works! I changed the proxy back to Auto, and it stops working. So, this might be an useful
info. I tried it at my work (school network) and at my place (ISP network), works like a charm!
thanks mockturtl for this awesome applet.