dconf error?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

dconf error?

Post by herbie643 »

Just today I started getting the following message when opening a terminal session as a normal user. Opening a Root terminal is fine.
** (gnome-session-properties:26001): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist
I am running:
3.10-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.10.5-1 (2013-08-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Cinnamon 1.8.8

Gtk theme Zukitwo - Background and scrollbar color change.
Cinnamon theme Zola Gradients were added.

Computer is:
Toshiba L355 S7902 3gb ram, 250gb disk.

This is almost a fresh install of 201303 iso with Update Pack 7. Update Pack 7 installed without any errors. Was running fine with no errors until today.
On a side note, rightclick on the desktop results in no Context Menu; perhaps related?
I tried renaming .config and logging out/in to see if that was the issue. Nope, same error.

Adwaita, afaik, is the default theme for Gnome 3 but the gnome-session is not installed but gnome-session-bin is.
I know that parts of gnome are installed thereby resulting in this error?
I could not find anything related to adwaita in Synaptic or via aptitude search adwaita.
This is not catastrophic, just annoying or at least I hope it's not leading up to something.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Re: dconf error?

Post by herbie643 »

Please accept my humblest apologies. I found that the problem was a program in .bashrc. I had downloaded screenfetch as it displays useful info about your session. Well, it is the problem. Why it started today is beyond me.
Again, please accept my apologies for posting a problem that was of my own doing and not 'fully' researching before posting.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Post by herbie643 »

I know you are gonna just go, "What is this guy doing?" but I decided to check .xsession-errors to see what was going on there and wouldn't you know it:

gnome-session[28728]: WARNING: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (gnome-settings-daemon:28832): WARNING **: /usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon-3.0/libupdates.so: undefined symbol: pk_control_set_root_async

** (gnome-settings-daemon:28832): WARNING **: Cannot load plugin 'Updates' since file '/usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon-3.0/libupdates.so' cannot be read.

** (gnome-settings-daemon:28832): WARNING **: Error activating plugin 'Updates'

** (gnome-settings-daemon:28832): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (cinnamon-launcher:28854): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (cinnamon:28865): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (gnome-session-check-accelerated:28870): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist
access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect

** (cinnamon-screensaver:28881): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (cinnamon-screensaver:28881): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (nm-applet:28876): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (nm-applet:28876): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (notification-daemon:28879): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (notification-daemon:28879): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:28883): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:28883): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (gdu-notification-daemon:28885): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

Anyone have any ideas? This was not happening until today.
daviding

Post by daviding »

I expect that this isn't a dconf error.

The same message shows up for me on Ubuntu 13.10 with Mate Desktop Environment installed. When I was trying to create a bug report with

> apport-bug --save ~/di-x230-3434cto.apport

... I got the messages ...

** (apport-gtk:6622): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (apport-gtk:6622): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

... and the version.log says I'm on Ubuntu 3.11.0-15.23-generic 3.11.10.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Post by herbie643 »

I haven't seen that problem in so long. I believe the problem was the theme. Wrong version for release.

Return to “LMDE Archive”