Keyboard shortcuts not working: control-center problems?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lore68cnc

Keyboard shortcuts not working: control-center problems?

Post by lore68cnc »

I'm a newbie on LMDE. My system is 3.11-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.11.8-1 (2013-11-13) x86_64.

With recent updates (actually Cinnamon 2.0.14), my custom keyboard shortcuts are not working.
Launching Menu->Preferences->Keyboard, the "gnome-control-center keyboard" start, there are all my custom keyboard definitions, but none is working.
Looking for running process, I observed that there are several "cinnamon-settings-daemon"s, and there is only a "gnome-keyring-daemon".
Trying to manually launch the "cinnamon-control-center", I obtain a reduced menu (compared to gnome-control-center's menu):
Personal: Regional & Language
Hardware: Bluetooth,Color,Displays,Network,Power,Sound
System: Universal Access

Keyboard settings and a lot of other settings are missing.
Trying to manually launch "cinnamon-control-center keyboard" I obtain the warning: Could not find settings panel "keyboard".

A few days ago, after a system update, some of items on the launching Menu doubled (not for keyboard), so I disabled (with the menu editor) the items that are referring to the gnome settings.
Today, I created a new user to check a 'clean' settings. Also new user's menu have doubled items, and I have the same wrong behavior for cinnamon/gnome control center.

What can I do to clean control-center misfunctioning and to restore keyboard shortcuts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
killer de bug

Re: Keyboard shortcuts not working: control-center problems?

Post by killer de bug »

For the double entries in the menu, you should remove gnome-control-center and gnome-control-center-data.

The missing entries in cinnamon-control-center should now be present. Make sure cinnamon-control-center is installed :

Code: Select all

apt install cinnamon-control-center cinnamon-control-center-data
After that you should have an entry for keyboard in the control-center. And there is a section for shortcut in that entry.
lore68cnc

[SOLVED] Keyboard shortcuts not working: control-center prob

Post by lore68cnc »

Perfect.
It works fine!!!

Many thanks,
Lorenzo

Return to “LMDE Archive”