Xsession errors

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Blank Reg

Xsession errors

Post by Blank Reg »

My .xsession-errors keeps filling with errors... most seem to be related to "applets/calendar@cinnamon.org":

(cinnamon-screensaver:2458): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_device_get_source: assertion 'GDK_IS_DEVICE (device)' failed
JS ERROR: !!! Exception was: Error: Expected type utf8 for Argument 'format' but got type 'undefined' (nil)
JS ERROR: !!! message = '"Expected type utf8 for Argument 'format' but got type 'undefined' (nil)"'
JS ERROR: !!! fileName = '"/usr/share/cinnamon/js/ui/environment.js"'
JS ERROR: !!! lineNumber = '75'
JS ERROR: !!! stack = '"((void 0))@/usr/share/cinnamon/js/ui/environment.js:75
([object _private_UPowerGlib_Client],1)@/usr/share/cinnamon/applets/calendar@cinnamon.org/applet.js:129
"'
Clipboard is null, recovering ...

(cinnamon:2320): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_actor_queue_relayout: assertion 'CLUTTER_IS_ACTOR (self)' failed
Window manager warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_RAISE_ABOVE: sibling window 0x2000017 not in stack
Window manager warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_LOWER_BELOW: sibling window 0x2000017 not in stack
JS ERROR: !!! Exception was: Error: Expected type utf8 for Argument 'format' but got type 'undefined' (nil)
JS ERROR: !!! message = '"Expected type utf8 for Argument 'format' but got type 'undefined' (nil)"'
JS ERROR: !!! fileName = '"/usr/share/cinnamon/js/ui/environment.js"'
JS ERROR: !!! lineNumber = '75'
JS ERROR: !!! stack = '"((void 0))@/usr/share/cinnamon/js/ui/environment.js:75
([object _private_UPowerGlib_Client],1)@/usr/share/cinnamon/applets/calendar@cinnamon.org/applet.js:129
"'
Clipboard is null, recovering ...

(cinnamon:2320): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_actor_queue_relayout: assertion 'CLUTTER_IS_ACTOR (self)' failed
Window manager warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_RAISE_ABOVE: sibling window 0x2600017 not in stack
Window manager warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_LOWER_BELOW: sibling window 0x2600017 not in stack

Just FYI.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jahid

Re: Xsession errors

Post by jahid »

delete the applet by deleting calendar@cinnamon.org folder and restart cinnamon. sometimes incompatible applet does this kind of heinous things.
Blank Reg

Post by Blank Reg »

The fact is, the "calendar" applet is installed by default in LMDE Cinnamon. Perhaps the devs wants to take a look.
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

It seems related to your install or language :

Code: Select all

Blank Reg

Post by Blank Reg »

killer de bug wrote:It seems related to your install or language :

My language is the default (english), but I did create the file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99translations with Acquire::Languages "none"; to stop the update system from downloading translations I don't need. So maybe this is causing the error "undefined"?
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Maybe... can you remove the file yo created and see if things change?
Blank Reg

Post by Blank Reg »

The only thing that file does is prevent translations from being downloaded when packages are updated or installed. I'd have to reinstall lots of system stuff to notice any difference.

Anyway I noticed the errors are related to date formatting functions. I was using a custom format (%e %b %H:%M) so I restored the default and restarted the session. No errors at the moment...
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Ok good. I still don't understand why you have to download translation if your system language is English. But if it's solved then it's good ;)
Blank Reg

Post by Blank Reg »

killer de bug wrote:Ok good. I still don't understand why you have to download translation if your system language is English.
When installing Debian, you can choose "default" as language and you'll have 100% english language with no translations. Choosing "English" does the same but it will download translation files every time you update (see /var/lib/apt/lists/*Translation*). Apparently LMDE uses the second method.
Blank Reg

Post by Blank Reg »

Another error, this time from cinnamon-screensaver:

(cinnamon-screensaver:2449): Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'cinnamon-screensaver' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 664 error_code 3 request_code 131 minor_code 40)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
   variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
x-session-manager[2045]: WARNING: Detected that screensaver has left the bus

Return to “LMDE Archive”