Crash on suspend or lid close

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Mint43

Crash on suspend or lid close

Post by Mint43 »

Hello. I have this issue on my laptop, when the lid is closed (it's set on "do nothing" btw) or when it goes on suspension the panel disappears and the only thing working is the mouse cursor movement, no clicks allowed, no keystrokes working, not even Ctrl+Alt+Del or Esc, I can only force reboot through REIUB. What's wrong?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chillywilllove
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Crash on suspend or lid close

Post by chillywilllove »

I have the same problem.
Once out of every 5 or 10 times I suspend, I can wake the laptop back up but I get a blank background. No login box.
The only way to get out of it is to hold the power button to turn the laptop off.
What is REIUB??
Mint43

Re: Re: Crash on suspend or lid close

Post by Mint43 »

chillywilllove wrote:I have the same problem.
Once out of every 5 or 10 times I suspend, I can wake the laptop back up but I get a blank background. No login box.
The only way to get out of it is to hold the power button to turn the laptop off.
What is REIUB??
Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Stamp and while holding them press R E I U B in sequence, then leave the three buttons. This performs a forced reboot, but not hard as holding down the power button.
chillywilllove
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Crash on suspend or lid close

Post by chillywilllove »

Oh great, thanks.
But what is Stamp? I have never seen that key on any keyboard
Mint43

Post by Mint43 »

Yeah, sorry, foreign keyboard layout, it's a bit of a pain, but it was a good purchase (at the time).
Anyway it's the print button.

Return to “LMDE Archive”