LMDE keeps disabling Epson Pro 3880 printer

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
DougB
Level 3
Level 3

LMDE keeps disabling Epson Pro 3880 printer

Post by DougB »

If I try to print several pages on my USB Epson Stylus Pro3880 printer, e.g. from LibreOffice, it prints maybe 1 or 2, then stops in the middle of a page and I find (System settings=>Printers) that the printer is no longer Enabled. After I re-Enable it the printer restarts - from the beginning. The bug can occur sometimes even while printing a single page. It's a real PITA. - causing me to waste a lot of paper.
I'm running LMDE update 8 with Cinnamon.

I think this must be an LMDE bug, because I can print multiple pages of the same document with the USB same printer with no problem when it is attached to a laptop running Mint 17 with MATE.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kurotsugi

Re: LMDE keeps disabling Epson Pro 3880 printer

Post by kurotsugi »

it might be a bug from cups. sadly it won't get fixed on LMDE until next year.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Linux 17 MATE configuration for that printer via CUPS is ??
--and the printer driver selected is, as well as any PPD file used

If they all match, then could be a bug
--also CUPS version being used in each mint OS (one that works (Mate 17) and one that fails (LMDE)))

Also had a look at Ubuntu for device model, don't see it but they were using another driver
  • Epson Stylus CX3900 ?? Partial v6.06 (Dapper)
    Works in v6.06 (Dapper) out of box but need to select 3800 from list during install. 2006-Nov-03
--so probably 3800 might work, still you decide the driver file to use !..
    • some specific info ref Epson 3880..
http://sunglint.wordpress.com/tag/cups/
DougB
Level 3
Level 3

Post by DougB »

Sorry for the disturbance - I've been able to test another LMDE Up8 which worked.
So it looks like something got screwed in my PC LMDE installation. I've wiped its HD and started anew with a clean LMDE Up8 Cinnamon - that works fine and I don't have the printer problem any more.

Return to “LMDE Archive”