Two desktop panels instead of one after upgrade

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
t.t

Two desktop panels instead of one after upgrade

Post by t.t »

Hello.

I upgraded my system (LMDE) several days ago. Before upgrade I had one desktop panel on the bottom of the screen (unfortunately, I don't remember which version of Mate Desktop it was). Now with MDE 1.6.0 I see two panels (by default one on the top, and one on the bottom). One panel was more useful for me. Tried to find something in Mate config files about that, but unsuccessfully (I didn't work with Mate or Gnome DE before installing LMDE). Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
perham

Re: Two desktop panels instead of one after upgrade

Post by perham »

t.t wrote:Hello.

I upgraded my system (LMDE) several days ago. Before upgrade I had one desktop panel on the bottom of the screen (unfortunately, I don't remember which version of Mate Desktop it was). Now with MDE 1.6.0 I see two panels (by default one on the top, and one on the bottom). One panel was more useful for me. Tried to find something in Mate config files about that, but unsuccessfully (I didn't work with Mate or Gnome DE before installing LMDE). Any suggestions?
right click on the panel, choose the third option (delete this panel).
t.t

Post by t.t »

It's obvious. I was not clear enough, I need all information I have on both panels, but in one panel. But after your answer, I thought "maybe I can add all applets from one panel to another, and then delete first panel?" Maybe it's obvious too, and I was just too tired last days to think about it? Maybe... Anyway your answer was a good hint. Thank you.
perham

Post by perham »

t.t wrote:It's obvious. I was not clear enough, I need all information I have on both panels, but in one panel. But after your answer, I thought "maybe I can add all applets from one panel to another, and then delete first panel?" Maybe it's obvious too, and I was just too tired last days to think about it? Maybe... Anyway your answer was a good hint. Thank you.
you're welcome :wink:

Return to “LMDE Archive”