LMDE and GDM3

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Jaia

LMDE and GDM3

Post by Jaia »

Hi there.
Is there a way to change the GDM3 theme. I mean the login screen, not the menu inside gnome. Like a new wallpaper, font size and so forth.
If it is not possible, is it safe to do:
apt-get install gdm
and let it remove GDM3. Anyone here tried this without "breaking" anything from this point, and also in Gnome and the incredible Mint menu?
I've tried to find info about GDM3 online, but I believe it's very new and shiny and so there is not much info about it and how you can change the login screen?

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hellnest

Re: LMDE and GDM3

Post by hellnest »

You still monitoring this topic? Actually you can do it easily because it's based on Debian and it's open to all modification.

enter your terminal

Code: Select all

#sudo bash
#aptitude
And then something like CLi program will show up. Slowly learn it and you will find a way to modificate your Mint also remove GDM3 and and replace it with GDM :)
timh
Level 3
Level 3

Re: LMDE and GDM3

Post by timh »

Jaia wrote:Hi there.
Is there a way to change the GDM3 theme. I mean the login screen, not the menu inside gnome. Like a new wallpaper, font size and so forth.
If it is not possible, is it safe to do:
apt-get install gdm
and let it remove GDM3. Anyone here tried this without "breaking" anything from this point, and also in Gnome and the incredible Mint menu?
I've tried to find info about GDM3 online, but I believe it's very new and shiny and so there is not much info about it and how you can change the login screen?

Cheers!
I had a similar error

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 60#p497720

BTW gdm3 is not so bad 8) I think its not a good idea to downgrade.

Return to “LMDE Archive”