New to Linux & Steam - Torchlight 2

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dubstepdeejay

New to Linux & Steam - Torchlight 2

Post by dubstepdeejay »

Hey, guys. I'm currently part of the large amount of people who are ditching Windows and heading towards Linux. Currently running Mint 14 KDE 64 bit. I'm also new to Steam and I was wondering why Team Fortress 2 is free, works, but I paid for Torchlight 2 a few minutes ago and I keep getting the message "Torchlight II is not available on your current platform" when I try to install it. What am I missing here?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: New to Linux & Steam - Torchlight 2

Post by Orbmiser »

Not for Linux

System Requirements at bottom of Torchlight 2 page.

Processor: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
Memory: 1GB System RAM
Hard Disk Space: 1.2GB free space (subject to change)
Video Card: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory.
DirectX®: 9.0c

You have to read the requirements as a lot of the games will not run on linux.
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

http://store.steampowered.com/browse/linux/ - Check out this link for games available for Linux. Sadly, not all games titles are available for Linux yet.
dubstepdeejay

Post by dubstepdeejay »

I see. We'll I'll certainly be looking for that message in the future. Thanks.
d00med

Post by d00med »

You may still be able to play it with WINE.
raymerjacque
Level 4
Level 4

Post by raymerjacque »

I play Torchlight 2 via wine and it works great. No lag, no glitches or anything.

My copy is legal non steam version. Basicly all i did was installed game, updates game, then used the cracked exe ( this bypasses the TL2 bug with wine ) and then logged in with my account and played. no problems.

Return to “Gaming”