Minesweeper - Java

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AlqasimO

Minesweeper - Java

Post by AlqasimO »

Hey people. In the spirit of open-source software and sharing, I'd like to make available to you, something that I had started working on over a year ago. My own version of Minesweeper for Java.

All you need to run it is a JRE, which should be fine for all of us Linux users running Mint. You can grab the source code, in addition to the executable jar file from my github repo, listed below.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Minesweeoer - Java

Post by xenopeek »

After downloading the jar file, you need to mark it executable so you can run it. Below a screenshot, where I blew myself up on the first click :lol:

AlqasimO

Re: Minesweeper - Java

Post by AlqasimO »

Thanks for trying it out xenopeek.

I guess most people aren't into these simple games any more.
Tim_Z

Post by Tim_Z »

I will d/l it. Sometimes the simple games hit the spot. Thanks.
Tim

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

I kinda like minesweeper. But it is one of many small games included in KDE games. I can set the max size to 50 x 50 with at least 100 mines. Number of mines is 3 digits, so it may go to 999, don't know.

Return to “Gaming”