I cant get minecraft help!

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AveryFB

I cant get minecraft help!

Post by AveryFB »

Hello I cant get minecraft to do the right things in command line and when I go to Minecraft .Jar and Properties then Permissions it has no exicute button and I am not sure what to do in command line to get minecraft when I do somthing in Terminal to get minecraft I get the error "Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintSources/mintSources.py", line 1213, in <module>
add_repository_via_cli(ppa_line, codename, options.forceYes)
File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintSources/mintSources.py", line 58, in add_repository_via_cli
short_key = ppa_info["signing_key_fingerprint"][-8:]
KeyError: 'signing_key_fingerprint'

but I might need java if so which java and how would I get it thanks. :|

also I am 13 and my first go at linux thanks for any help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SteveIDusa

Re: I cant get minecraft help!

Post by SteveIDusa »

I came to the Games Forums to look for help with a Multi-Monitor problem I am having and saw your post, did you ever get this resolved?
MintyDragon

Post by MintyDragon »

try
sudo apt-get install openjdk7
java -jar minecraft.jar
DJNightchild

Post by DJNightchild »

No! Don't use openJDK.
The minecraft website tells you to use the oracle version.
You can get it by doing this:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer
You may also want to create a startup script

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

java -jar /path/to/minecraft.jar
Hope this helps.
MintyDragon

Post by MintyDragon »

wow i did not lnow you could oracles java on a linux ive always used openjdk for minecraft
well i learned somethink today
enxio27

Post by enxio27 »

Will DJNightchild's instructions resolve the following error:
Blocked /usr/bin/java -jar
The file '/home/trinity/Desktop/Minecraft.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.
I read the linked article on the executable bit, but I'm too new with Linux Mint to make sense of it.
var
Level 3
Level 3

Post by var »

enxio27 wrote:Will DJNightchild's instructions resolve the following error:
Blocked /usr/bin/java -jar
The file '/home/trinity/Desktop/Minecraft.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.
I read the linked article on the executable bit, but I'm too new with Linux Mint to make sense of it.
Right click the file, then click Properties, then go to Permission and there will be a small box called 'execute as program' or something similar. Tick it and try to run it again.

Return to “Gaming”