Wolfenstein enemy territory no sound

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JohnBobSmith

Wolfenstein enemy territory no sound

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Hello. So today I installed wolfenstein enemy territory from the net, but I have no sound. I googled around, but none of the solutions worked for me. If anyone knows of a solution, please post back. I would love to try playing that game. Other games work fine, but W:ET has no sound.

Thanks in advance,
JohnBobSmith
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Megazell

Re: Wolfenstein enemy territory no sound

Post by Megazell »

Damn. It's been awhile but I had the same problem.

Did you try installing the one from the Software Manager? I believe that one worked for me. Also the one installed through Desura also works with Sound but the one I dl from regular install did not.
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Wait, there is one in the software manager? :shock: I did not get mine from the software manager, I found it online from an official website. Let me try removing the one I found online and installing from software manager.

EDIT:

I can't find W:ET in the software manager :(
Megazell

Post by Megazell »

JohnBobSmith wrote:Wait, there is one in the software manager? :shock: I did not get mine from the software manager, I found it online from an official website. Let me try removing the one I found online and installing from software manager.

EDIT:

I can't find W:ET in the software manager :(
Try this - http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2012/03/enemy ... first.html

I know that is shows up for Linux Mint 15.

Return to “Gaming”