Mint Iconset

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cathbard

Mint Iconset

Post by cathbard »

I've created some mint iconsets. The first one is for KDE and the second one for gnome.
The KDE set will work equally as well for a normal kmenu as it does for the tasty menu. No more clipped kmenu icon for those of you like me that prefer to use the normal kde menu.

[url=ftp://cathbard.com/binary/cathbard-icons-mint-kde_0.0.1-5_all.deb]Image[/url]
Mint KDE Icons
click on image to download deb
(or sudo apt-get install cathbard-icons-mint-kde if you have my repo activated)

This next one is a gtk iconset (gnome). Once it is installed you can select it when customing themes in Preferences > Appearances

[url=ftp://cathbard.com/binary/cathbard-icons-mint-gtk_0.0.1-7_all.deb]Image[/url]
Mint Gnome Icons
(or sudo apt-get install cathbard-icons-mint-gtk if you have my repo activated)

[url=ftp://cathbard.com/binary/cathbard-icons-mintfresh-kde4_0.0.1-2_all.deb]Image[/url]
(or sudo apt-get install cathbard-icons-mintfresh-kde4 if you have my repo activated)
Mintfresh KDE4
(a mintified Oxygen crossed with Mintfresh)

Enjoy!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mint Iconset

Post by kanishka »

Whoah! Amazing!!! Very clear and polished! I'm not sure about the green you used (I imagine LM green like in this forum), but you did an outstanding work!
Hey, what's the "Marriage" icon for? :mrgreen:
cathbard

Post by cathbard »

Thanks, I chose a darker green so it would look better at small sizes. In that colour they stand out far better at 16x16. That's the hardest trick with icons, they have to look good at all sizes. You could also mix and match the set with my debian set if you want to if you want blue folders too. Just grab the debian set from my site and replace all the filesystem folders in the mint set with the ones in the debian set and bada bing bada boom - blue folders. If you do want to play around like that I'd copy the entire sets out of /usr/share/icons into ~/.kde/share/icons and edit the "Name=" and "Comment=" fields in index.theme so it comes up as a separate theme in kcontrol. That way you can add to it as user as time goes by. If you start using my repo in the future (I still haven't started the Mint section at my site yet) I will provide updates so any changes done in /usr/share/icons will be lost when you update. Editing things that were installed via a deb directly will compromise package integrity anyway.
Oh, the marriage icon? Just a joke. You could use it for internet banking I guess. :lol:
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by belovedmonster »

I dont think that Marriage icon is very scalable. If it was any smaller it would be impossible to make out. May I suggest you have a ball and chain to signify marriage instead, it is much easier to see at a glance at even small sizes.
cathbard

Post by cathbard »

tuddy666: If you want all the icons just install the deb. It doesn't matter if you are using gnome, it will still install, it just won't be usable as a gnome iconset. Then you can just lift the icons out of /usr/share/icons/cathbard-mint and use them in anything you want to.

beloved monster: lol, funny but I thought the offering up a credit card in submission was really funny. It's just meant to be a bit of a joke. You're right but, it doesn't scale that well but it was hard to get all that on a button and I thought it would be a good chuckle anyway. I didn't actually do it for people to use really, I just couldn't resist the gag. :wink:
cathbard

Post by cathbard »

And now a gnome iconset. Once it is installed you can select it when customing themes in Preferences > Appearances.
I will create a full theme for gnome that can be selected directly once I work out how to do it properly in a deb. It will require a deb for the wallpaper I think so it is getting close to the time when my repo will be useful to linuxmint users so dependencies will be dragged in as well. I will also be doing full themes for kde (for the theme manager) soon so my repo will make that easier too. Stay tuned, lots of things to follow when I get the chance. About time I added a mint section to my site too. :wink:

[url=ftp://cathbard.com/binary/cathbard-icons-mint-gtk_0.0.1-5_all.deb]Image[/url]
Mint Gnome Icons
(or sudo apt-get install cathbard-icons-mint-gtk if you have my repo activated)

PS: I added this to the first post as well. Ive also updated the [url=ftp://cathbard.com/binary/cathbard-icons-mint-kde_0.0.1-4_all.deb]KDE set[/url] too so download it again and install it over the top of the old one (no need to uninstall first). I've added an icon or three and found a few errors in the first set including some remnants of an experiment I did.

Let me know if you have any problems
Last edited by cathbard on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Wow, great work.
These are very good. :D
cathbard

Post by cathbard »

Minor update to the kde set as requested by Boo. Just download it and install over the top of the old one. No need to uninstall the old version. If you have my repo installed just use sudo apt-get install cathbard-icons-mint-kde
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

cathbard, you do nice work! I especially like the desktop icon. Nice, modern, and great color. I look forward to seeing your work in the KDE Edition! It is really nice to see someone take the time to improve the icons! Thank you!
cathbard

Post by cathbard »

Glad you all like them.
It continues. Two more icons added to the KDE set.
cathbard

Update to GTK Mint Iconset

Post by cathbard »

Update to the gtk (gnome) set. I have added the pulse-audio icon and the svg version of the trash can. Just install the new version. No need to uninstall the old one. Those using my repo will get it automatically on the next mintupdate.

[url=ftp://cathbard.com/binary/cathbard-icons-mint-gtk_0.0.1-2_all.deb]Updated Mint GTK Iconset[/url]
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

I like it. I made my own Jungle Theme with those icons. :D
cathbard

Post by cathbard »

I've updated the gtk iconset to fix an error in the svg versions of the desktop icon and some folder icons. I've also added some folder icons for those of you that like to manually set different folder icons. They are of course in /usr/share/icons/cathbard-mint-gtk once instaled. KDE users don't have to search around of course, the alternatives from the theme are presented automatically.
Either download and install [url=ftp://cathbard.com/binary/cathbard-icons-mint-gtk_0.0.1-7_all.deb]this deb[/url] or simply update it when it comes through on a mint update if you are using my repo.
Last edited by cathbard on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cathbard

Post by cathbard »

The blue one I made for a set of mine that had blue icons, I thought the green one went better with the green mintmenu icon on gnome but I also have my menu button substituted for the standard mintmenu one so I haven't actually seen it against the standard one. They are the same hue but I guess I should check that out. I wonder what other people think - green or blue show desktop button?
There are also a few of other icons in the new gtk set including one for root-file-manager, a green file-manager plus a couple of other apps. I also noticed that some of my new folder icons (download and torrent) were in the wrong place so I fixed that too.
cathbard

Update to the gtk set.

Post by cathbard »

Changed the actions icons in the gnome (gtk) set so they are mintier and more in keeping with the general feel of this set. The icon for "Computer" on the desktop is now green too. :mrgreen:

Get it [url=ftp://cathbard.com/binary/cathbard-icons-mint-gtk_0.0.1-7_all.deb]here[/url]. If you have my repo enabled it should come through on your next mint update or use:
apt update && apt install cathbard-icons-mint-gtk
Last edited by cathbard on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cathbard

Mintfresh KDE4

Post by cathbard »

This is a cross between Mintfresh and a mintified Oxygen for KDE4. I've replaced a lot of the blue in Oxygen with green.

[url=ftp://cathbard.com/binary/cathbard-icons-mintfresh-kde4_0.0.1-2_all.deb]Image[/url]
apt install cathbard-icons-mintfresh-kde4
(needs my repo to install with apt)

I'll do a KDE4 version using my own folder icons before too long

Return to “Your Artwork”