MDM HTML5 Themes

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Re: MDM HTML5 Themes

Post by Brahim Salem »

I told my other friends about your work :D http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtop ... 583#p75583
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

But you think of the gate thing man. It would be great :D

samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Thanks for the post on the other forum but I would go back there, looks like they don't want other system stuff on their forums, they ain't happy about it. Not sure why but hey each to their own I guess.
That gate looks nice, you should do a mdm theme with it.
Sam
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

they have an issue with Mint :roll: :roll: :roll:
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Did you make any new theme 2day
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

working on it now
MintMatrix I'm calling it. I got the logo in their and all the falling animating matrix japanese letters falling down, it took 40 different sprites to make it work, about half animate and the other are just falling and fading out images, they all fall and fade out though.
Here it be so far
mat.jpg
I'm using one of my other themes as a template because I want to reuse most of the layout, I still have a long way to go and some experimenting to do to see if I can make some things work, like the bullets with the circles as it travels then the bullets fall as tux man stop them, I'm gona put windows on the bullet like it is trying to monopolize everything but their bullets get stopped :lol:
Then the buttons on the side I want like the battery farm with lightning bolts rising up on it (if I can do it, which I should be able to as a sprite) and whole wack of other ideas to toss into the mix if it doesn't kill the cpu in the end, so far so good though, the cpu isn't dying yet :lol:
I was going to code it in their for the falling letters but then I would have to include the font in the package and I might yet just to add some more to it, but I'm just afraid of killing the cpu in the end, I'll wait till I get the rest done first and see how it goes before adding any more falling letters, just not sure everyone will be good on getting a font, although it will be in the folder and just used for the login scren only. I'll see later on.
Sam
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

What if you add a scrolling text saying " Linux Mint" like in this wallpaper:

Image Image
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

I thought about that but if Clem lets this go to other distros later on then they won't want linux mint on it, I started putting the logo as a separate image just incase this happens in the future sometime, or if someone makes a fork a mint and calls it something else, unless I can code it where they can change it but I don't want to get into making a logo for all distros, which is why I am just adding an image all they have to do is replace it with their own, I have a feeling some other distros will want this down the road, and although I'm 100% mint as far as my distro goes and have been for years ya never know where it will wind up in the end, so to keep as many happy as possible I try and make it easy for everyone, but I will be adding linux mint near the bottom of this one in a matrix font, center bottom part but it also will be a separate image and easily replaced by anyone, just replace it with their own and keep it the same size and no recoding is necessary. :)
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

You are right. I have to agree :D I'm telling you man there's lots coming for Mint :D It's the most practical and elegant OS in the world!
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Yup and now that Cinnamon turned out to be about 200 times better then I thought it would, I'm back on LMDE as of next week, I'm tired of doing reinstalls, that's what I really appreciated about LMDE when I was on it before, it will be nice to be back on it again, the wife caan't wait either LMDE was her favorite also, she just didn't like gnome 3 but loved gnome 2, and loves cinnamon so it's all good, were happy happy happy with mint.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Same thing here! Mint rocks :D but is LMDE better than the main edition??
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Thats all in every users opinon, LMDE is debian based, the main one is ubuntu based as far as I know and how much is ubuntu I dont know, the debian one is harder and not really meant for beginners although it has gotten a lot better then when it first started out with the freezing of updates and testing, but there can still be breakages since its a rolling edition, (which means no more installs but also means your working with testing unless they changed it), unless they added a new install you also have to know how to partition a hard drive correctly, and no more about linux and use of the terminal, the other edition is great also (its what I am on now) but the headace is having to reinstall every time a new version comes out (its better then clicking the upgrade button) which is why I am going back to a lmde instead.
Is it better? that all depends, as far as I know ppa is not compatable no ubuntu stuff because its debian based so there can be some headaches but never having to do another install and getting updates instead of upgrades for me is worth it, also means sometimes you go hunting for answers and deb files which has always never really been a problem for me but some folks have issues with lmde and jump into a version there not prepaered for, its not ubuntu, a couple clicks and its done, theres more to it, but once it's all set up and working the way you want it to, it's really nice :) for anyone new to linux though I wouldn't recommend it, it is better they stay with the main version, its easier to deal with until they get used to linux. For me lmde has always been my favorite.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

samriggs

Post by samriggs »

:x Arrgghhh I installed lmde and looks like the new mdm has a dependency issue Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libc6 (>=2.15), I checked and looks like lmde is using libc6 2.13, Clem I hate bugging you as I know your a busy busy extremely busy person, but would you know a way around this or do I have to go back to nadia?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to keep lmde on this, otherwise I'll go back to nadia to continue making themes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Sam
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

bump :lol:
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

bump :lol: a lot of help you are :lol:
Well never mind I got it going anyhow :D
No need Clem but thanks anyhow if you were going to help, I just did some digging into the debian repos and found libc6 2.17 in experimental and added it then shut it off, it's all good now, I got it installed and I'll start making them again once I get everything back on the new lmde toy I have now.
Woohoo just love it when I can get things working right, it's been so long since on lmde I almost forgot there's always more then one way to skin a cat :wink:
The only think that isn't working is the user showing up, there is no image at all, it works in the emulator but not at the login screen I take it that's a lmde issue that hasn't been included yet.
I'll keep my lmde though, I can still test that part in the emulator until it filters down to lmde later on hopefully.
One thing I noticed about the debian repos, they jump from libc6 2.13 to 21,7 and bypass 2.15 altogether.
Sam
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I'm glad you finally made it :lol: :lol: The idea of converting to LMDE is growing on me too :D It's snappier and unique. But I'll have to figure out how to install Onboard virtual keyboard :D BTW does LMDE have any virtual keyboards? :D
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I got promoted to level 5 :D :D

Image Image Image Image Image
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Brahim wrote:I'm glad you finally made it :lol: :lol: The idea of converting to LMDE is growing on me too :D It's snappier and unique. But I'll have to figure out how to install Onboard virtual keyboard :D BTW does LMDE have any virtual keyboards? :D
No idea about virtual keyboards I never use them, I don't know how much you know about linux and all the things you need for your system, I would check into it first, I had to add two repos so I could get mdm working then get the upgraded gimp 2.8.4, one was experimental and the other was unstable from debian, if you never done this sort of thing before I would make sure it has what you want first, because messing around with experimental and unstable debian can break your system in a heart beat if you wind up adding the wrong stuff or pressing the old upgrade (or upgrading in the terminal) without shutting it off after you get what you need out of it, which I did long ago and had to do a complete reinstall when I first was fooling around with both those repos long ago.
It all depends on what you need and whats available at the time, and if you want more you have to go hunting and hope you don't break your system getting it.
The main Nadia 14 comes with pretty much all you need, it's easy to add through ppa's other stuff, in debian it's not as easy, so it all depends on your experience and if you want to chance stuff and what ya really need.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I have used LMDE before and got everything working like a charm on it but never compiled stuff on it before :D I have downloaded the latest version and I love it :D snappy :D

Return to “Your Artwork”