MDM HTML5 Themes

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
samriggs

Re: MDM HTML5 Themes

Post by samriggs »

30 html5 tutorials that might help some making mdm's
har they be: http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/tutorials ... tutorials/
enjoy
Sam
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Downloaded 1.20 and installing.
3 of those themes aren't made yet that were in the image you showed, that was an image I had for live wallpapers for droid, but I planned on porting the other 3 over as well, plus someone else also did the same thing thinking they were for mdm instead so I'll get to it and port them over, it won't take me long anyhow, the art is already made and the code I can just use from one of the other ones I made so it should be quick to make them. :D
Just been working on my final trivia game to try and get it out of the way, but I can sneak these in as well :D
Sam
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

samriggs

Post by samriggs »

ya Clem's cloud one is really cool its a nice one to set as default, nice and clean and all things are in one area, easy to get at.
I couldn't get it working in lmde, but it works in the main edition perfectly.
I'm halfway through the lost planet one, hopefully I can get the three that aren't ported over yet up today sometime.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Alrighty Lost Planet is ported over, quickest one I did yet :lol:
Two more to go.
Here is the image of it
lostplanetsm.jpg
This one has 4 spaceships that animate and move across the screen, and asteroid belt that moves across the screen, hopefully there's enough asteroids to fill the space, some gaps might happen at times due to speed and how far apart they are but I tried to make enough, the galaxy in the top left corner rotates and skews.
I used the same layout and buttons as the underwater one since it fit nicely with this one and to save time getting these finished.
I tested it live and it works so any bugs let me know, I didn't see any but I tested it on LMDE it worked fine with mdm 1.20.

You can snag it here: LostPlanet

Next will be future city.
Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

alrighty Steampunk future city is done now
Here be the image
steampunkfututrecitysm.jpg
can be downloaded here Steampunk Future City

I tried to get into the gallery and got an oops, so I don't know if I maxed out what I am allowed over all to upload or just how much I am allowed to upload today :lol:
Might have to find a new home for these soon, a place that allows over a 1MB uploading.
But this link works at least.
Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

ok all is ported over now
Here is Sky Mountain
skymountainsm.jpg
Look like I have my gallery back again at deviantart
it can be downloaded here Sky Mountain

That's all for now folks all the porting over is finished, any new ones will be brand new.
Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Alrighty next too mousetrap to them all.
from what I seen so far add this at the end.

Code: Select all

<script>
	init();
	Mousetrap.bind('up', function() {		
    	select_user(selected_row - 1);
	});

Mousetrap.bind('down', function() {
    	select_user(selected_row + 1);
	});

Mousetrap.bind('ctrl+l', function() {
    	$('#languageSelection').modal('show');
	});

Mousetrap.bind('ctrl+s', function() {
    	$('#sessionSelection').modal('show');
	});

Mousetrap.bind('esc', function() {
    	quit_dialog();
	});

Mousetrap.bind('tab', function() {
    	document.getElementById("entry").focus();
	});
</script>
I decided to do this here since I'm sure other mdm theme makers will want to know what to do about this.
I'll go through Clem's cloud one and see how to make this thing work, like the users, looks like theres a loop that has to be added and few other things to be added besides this.
I'll add it all here so others will know once I figure it out or someone else adds it.
Sam
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Amazing job Sam :D Thanks :D
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

np
Oh ya bug to report in lmde with mdm 1.2 and less, logout doesn't work, it just hangs and does nothing, in main nadia edition it worked great, just not in lmde, not sure if it's lmde or mdm but thought I better report it in case, when it all comes down the lmde pipeline later on.
I'll get to the mousetrap, later though, riding on two hours sleep again so I'm useless today, well more then usual :lol:
I also want to fool around with some webgl in lmde and see if I can get any of it working with mdm, I know it works without it (including in the emulator) it seems just with mdm so far, but I'll fool around with some triple js stuff later on and see if I can get any going with mdm
Also soon as I'm awake again and have a few hours of time, I'm going to make a nice clean linux mint mdm theme, where the logo shines like metal and glows behind it etc, just something simple not to busy with subtle animations with no webgl so it'll work on anything, maybe make one with lmde as well just for my greedy little system.
I want to make a simple galaxia style game with a penguin shooting window icons (the enemy :twisted: ) well in the game, well hmmm ok I'll leave it at that and when tux shoots a bullet at them them smash like windows, sounds like fun to me, it be on auto fire so it doesn't use any keys that might interfere and moves with the mouse.
for those who want to have a bit of fun before logging in, I'll get at that one later down the road, but it's been in my mind for awhile to make it. Especially after the booting issues with win 8 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Alrighty I tried adding Clem's bootbox and mousetrap together, it comes down nicely but doesn't load anything into bootbox in LMDE, I tested Clouds (even though the webgl doesn't load the animations the rest still works), but the bootbox doesn't populate in that one either, not sure why these issues only appear in LMDE, but I do have the force-shutdown, suspend and restart done in all themes, (NOT UPLOADED YET) I'm going to try to just use a long way around with more key functions instead for mousetrap and see if that works, I wanted bootbox to work because I could just drop it into any theme to get it to work while not changing anything else and have it work with key functions only, nice in theory but doesn't work, maybe I should of fully tested clouds first like any sane person would of done :lol:
Hopefully I can at least get mousetrap to work in lmde, I'm trying to get these things working in both the main edition and in lmde. that way everyone can use them, if not I'll just add the mousetrap to it and give a download paper here so everyone will know what keystrokes does what, and wait until lmde catches up to the main edition.
I'll try and get it all done before the main edition goes live in the final version in case they want to use any for it.
Also Frannoe is going to make a deb file of all these and put them all into one install file so you'll only have to download it once to get them all and will update the deb as I get more done, this is more for the LMDE users then it is for the main edition users but can be used by both, since we both use LMDE.
The single ones will also stay up at deviantart (unless I find a new home for them) so you can still download individual ones instead (for those who only want a certain one instead of all of them).
I'll let you all know when there all done with mousetrap and finally finished.
Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Alrighty then
All themes now have mousetrap included.
I couldn't get bootbox to work in lmde at all yet so here are the keystrokes for shortcuts that are included now.
ctrl+s = shutdown
ctrl+i = suspend
ctrl+r = restart
ctrl+q = quit
ctrl+x = XDMCP
tab = entry (for the login input box)

When I can get bootbox finally working on lmde, I'll switch everything over to bootbox instead (Clem's usage of it in his Clouds theme), it's clean and nice but it doesn't work in lmde yet for some reason, unless later on I can find a work around for it, but I tried three different ways to try and get it to work and so far no go, so far now I'll leave it with the shortcuts I included here so they will work in both the main edition and lmde.
Clem's Cloud theme is great and does work perfectly in the main edition :D

I also changed the size of the ice cream truck and pizza truck in the steampunk future city theme (they were to small for my liking) and added a weird space car and a big old taxi also.
There all done now.
Enjoy
Sam
Oh ya as usual they be can be found here: http://samriggs.deviantart.com/gallery/

I'll also post where to get the deb of all themes in one package once Frannoe finishes it.
Sam
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

@samriggs - I have downloaded MDM 1.2 and tried Lostplanet and Sky Mountain. Interface looks artistic and is much pleasing to the eye.
Is there any animation after clicking Ok to login? The screen appears as black for a brief while, hence the question. Is there any dependency on Graphics card for Web GL to work?
Also, the alert dialog boxes for shutdown, etc does not look smooth in my case?

P.S. Do themes update automatically if you have made any changes?
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

anandrkris wrote:@samriggs - I have downloaded MDM 1.2 and tried Lostplanet and Sky Mountain. Interface looks artistic and is much pleasing to the eye.
Is there any animation after clicking Ok to login? The screen appears as black for a brief while, hence the question. Is there any dependency on Graphics card for Web GL to work?
Also, the alert dialog boxes for shutdown, etc does not look smooth in my case?

P.S. Do themes update automatically if you have made any changes?
Morning, there is no animation after you click the OK to login, that's the way it works on mine also, webgl works in the main edition, but has some issues in LMDE for the mdm, I can get some triple js to work in LMDE with webgl but with mdm some doesn't work, mine doesn't use webgl, I will be fooling around with it later but will only use it if it works in LMDE as well.
Yup for the alert dialog boxes, their just white boxes, it just uses the system alert box as far as I know. Kind of pops out at ya on darker backgrounds, I'll see about changing that in the future.
Nope they don't update automatically, I don't know if Clem is adding them into mint 15 or not and if so how many, so to update the usual way is to download the zip and overwrite the old one, I am getting a deb made by Frannoe and that will be updated, it will have all the themes in it though as one download and will install them all, when I update it, all you have to do is install the updated one to overwrite the old one (sort of like the clamtk deb when they come out with a new version), unless it winds up in repos but this might be an issue due to LMDE and it's dependencies for this MDM it needs libc6 2.17 from sid unstable which a lot don't have in LMDE.
But unless I can get bootbox working in LMDE I doubt there will be anymore changes or if any bugs founds that I can fix.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

There is a deb file with all 13 themes in them as a download now.
Thanks goes to Frannoe for making this one.
I put it up on souceforge for download for those who want all the themes in one package.
REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE THE NEW MDM INSTALLED FOR THIS TO WORK
you can get the instructions here: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2327
LMDE need the libc6 2.17 fo the new mdm to work in LMDE which is in sid unstable (please check the repos because there chaanging or have changed since the new release of debian), if you never opened used another repo before in LMDE please ask the LMDE for help, but most LMDE users know how to use other repos without killing their system, but just in caase you never did ask the community.
The deb can be downloaded here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mdmthemes/files/
It has all the themes I made so far in one package.
Frannoe also put it up at other places if you prefer. Here's the list:
http://linuxmint-art.org/content/show.p ... ent=158666
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=158665
http://debian-art.org/content/show.php?content=158667
If you want to pick and choose themes there still up at my gallery at : http://samriggs.deviantart.com/gallery/

Enjoy and thanks to Frannone for making the deb
Sam
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

@samriggs - Thanks for the reply. Not sure, someone has asked you this earlier - Can they be .gz instead of .zip ? Will be easy to install from MDM.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

Just a heads up. There's a few issues with MDM 1.2.0. We fixed them in 1.2.3 (on github) but we're not happy with the solution. We're expecting 1.2.4 in the days to come.

Also, I'm planning to factorize things a bit in regards to the themes. I'll probably create a /usr/share/mdm/html-themes/common directory to host common things like flag icons, bootstrap etc.. themes won't need to use these files, but they'll be able to do so if they want to use less space.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

anandrkris wrote:@samriggs - Thanks for the reply. Not sure, someone has asked you this earlier - Can they be .gz instead of .zip ? Will be easy to install from MDM.
Nope, deviantart won't allow it, I tried, I even tried to put the tar.gz inside the zip and it still would not allow it.
Sorry about that, I would if they allowed it, there also to big to put on other sites so this is what I am stuck with for now.
But if you want them all Frannoe put them all into one deb file that will install them all at once, I put the links in the post above so you can get it from your choice of places.
Other then that the best way is to download the one you want, unzip it, then recompress the folder as a tar.gz to use as an installer installer instead.
Unless they find a home that will allow tar.gz this is for now or the deb file.
I'm not sure if any of these come with mint 15 or not so if you use that you might want to check if there already installed also, I use LMDE so I don't know what's included.
Sam
@Clem sounds good, I'll wait to see 1.2.4 then if it's only be a few days and install that one instead.
Is that the bootstrap js or css? I changed the css in mine so I take it your talking about the js since most will be changing the css one for their own themes.
Oh I also replaced the deb file on sourceforge with a new one because some file permissions needed to be changed and are now changed. Thanks Frannoe :D
anandrkris

Post by anandrkris »

@ Sam - Thanks for the detailed response. Its fine, your themes are worth the effort to extract and copy the files. :) Recompressing .zip to .gz is actually a good idea. Else I have to start Dolphin file manager as root and copy manually to html theme folder. I am on Mint 13 and use KDE. I have been updating components via ppas and backports to get new s/w and features. But might try Cinnamon this time, reviews look awesome.

Return to “Your Artwork”