MDM HTML5 Themes

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

Re: MDM HTML5 Themes

Post by Brahim Salem »

Any new themes :roll: :roll:
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Not yet
Anyone know how to turn on the users in LMDE with the new mdm?
I've been going through the mdm looking for the on switch somewhere in the code, so far no luck, just wondering if anyone knows, I know there's a way to do it, and it's probably easy, I just haven't found it yet.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide
Also Clem, if your roaming through here and see this, are you going to add this to LMDE? I have it installed on LMDE already (had to upgrade the libc6 to get it to work), just in case you needed to know that, I just grabbed it out of experimental libc6 2.17 the 2.13 wouldn't work with it, it needed 2.15 at least to work.
Thanks Clem for the updated version of mdm, already installed and working fine except for the users still not showing in lmde
So far I still haven't found where to turn the users on for lmde in the mdm, but if no one knows or won't answer I'll keep digging in my spare time, if I find it I'll post it for others.
Sam
EDIT: Ok I got it working finally (users showing up in the mdm) I actually installed it on the wife's computer which still has nadia (still haven't gotten around to putting lmde on hers yet) then I went through everything to see what the difference was, and all it was, was the stupid image I used, I tried to copy it into the pixmap/faces folder to see if that would work and voila it showed up as an error png so I gimped it out to a jpg shoved it back in the pixmap folder and it went in good this time, I also took the jpg and put it into the home folder as .face then chose it in the users group. (all I probably had to to was put it into the home folder as .faces since it seems it was a bum image that caused all this headache, also I noticed in the login window under users my wife's has this in Default face: nobody.png which I didn't have so that was added and now all is good, back to normal and I am happy happy happy.
Thought I would add this for anyone else who has this issue now you know what to do to get it showing in lmde.
Also for lmde users don't forget to grab the libc6 2.17 out of experimental or the new mdm will not work at all, it doesn't work with the libc6 2.13 which is installed with debian (lmde) right now. Most if not all lmde users should know how to add the repo and snag that libc6 2.17 if not let me know.
Sam
Last edited by samriggs on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I have downloaded the theme you published at http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=141203 :shock: :shock: :shock: Very unusual :D it rocks and you should create a GTK 3 one like that :D By the way can you send me this wallpaper http://samriggs.deviantart.com/art/Linu ... -216963034 :D :D

Tell Clem to include it in Linux Mint 15 Olivia :D It matches this MDM theme:

I've already suggested that at http://forums.linuxmint.com/posting.php ... 5&p=709692
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

By the way can you send me this wallpaper http://samriggs.deviantart.com/art/Linu ... -216963034
that is the wallpaper, I don't quite understand what you mean, that link is a link to the wallpaper.
back to mdming it.
Sam
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Based on your theme I've managed to create a new GTK2 theme for Mate :D But I had issues whith the Menu. No matter what i tweak it remains yellow. And when I go to Applications for example the window_bg looks fragmented and that's among other things that you'll discover yourself :lol: Can you please fix it and pimp it. Some magic touches would be appreciate. Consider that theme a model and tweak it but keep that green colour and it would be great if you can colorize it to look like this forum :D :D Help and feedback appreciated :D Theme attached :D

This is a good theme for Mint if you can tweak it for Mate to look like it does on gnome shell http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=131680

Last edited by Brahim Salem on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Retro gamers will enjoy this: http://www.effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/

I've been working on MDM again and I've got a lot of goodies coming up... hopefully today.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Another great resource I found: http://www.canvasdemos.com/top-100/
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

MDM 1.1.9 is now available.

Changes:

- Fixed webkit greeter not properly setting the language in the session
- Added localization to webkit greeter
- Added "Close" and "Are you sure you want to quit?" strings... use $close and $areyousuretoquit in your theme
- Added 3 new commands to perform Shutdown, restart or suspend without confirmation (no GTK confirmation dialog popping up): FORCE-SHUTDOWN, FORCE-RESTART, FORCE-SUSPEND.
- Explicitly enabled WebGL in Webkit greeter and in theme emulator

As always you can get it from here:

http://build.linuxmint.com/automate/ins ... ain/m/mdm/

New theme: Clouds

This is a new theme developed for Linux Mint. It takes advantage of the latest MDM 1.1.9 and introduces new techniques:

- Keyboard navigation (mousetrap.js)
- Modal dialogs (boostrap.js)
- Animated flight through the clouds (WebGL/Canvas)

overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Looking good Clem, Mint 15 is going to be great! 8)
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Brahim wrote: Can you please fix it and pimp it. Some magic touches would be appreciate.
Hey Brahim looks good, but I usually don't take peoples themes and fix them for them, I did that one time for you because it was a quick thing to do, and I really don't make themes myself that much, I help out when I can and answer questions when I can but I usually don't take on other peoples projects and finish them for them. Reason being I just don't have time for it, (just to give you an example of the projects I got on the go right now) 2 sets of new clocks for droid, at least 8 games I'm making for droid, 3 in opengl which I am still learning and hopefully try to convert some for linux if they turn out good,more livewallpapers once I write a new opengl code that I use as a template, 4 more mdm themes I have in mind, a cinnamon gtk metacity theme for the 10 mdm themes I already made, plus a few more projects I got on the back burner, I need three of me. I hope you understand.

Thanks for the added toys Clem, much appreciated :D and I really like the new one you created, nice and clean :D

Code: Select all

Retro gamers will enjoy this: http://www.effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/
I checked this one out awhile ago, and the code, amazing work this person has done.
I got another idea last night watching the matrix again, a tunnel effect, in 2d but using scale so it looks like 3d and moving through a tunnel, I know this can be done with an image but I want to try something different, hopefully it will look nice.
Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

clem wrote:MDM 1.1.9 is now available.

New theme: Clouds

This is a new theme developed for Linux Mint. It takes advantage of the latest MDM 1.1.9 and introduces new techniques:

- Keyboard navigation (mousetrap.js)
- Modal dialogs (boostrap.js)
- Animated flight through the clouds (WebGL/Canvas)
I tried this one Clem but it wouldn't show in the emulator or in the login screen, it works great in the browser though, I installed the new mdm thinking that ht be it, but so far no go.
This is the error I get in the terminal

** Message: console message: file:///home/sam/MDMthemes/Clouds/index.html @184: TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'renderer.render')
It is in the section
function animate() {
requestAnimationFrame( animate );
position = ( ( Date.now() - start_time ) * 0.03 ) % 8000;
camera.position.x += ( mouseX - camera.position.x ) * 0.01;
camera.position.y += ( - mouseY - camera.position.y ) * 0.01;
camera.position.z = - position + 8000;
renderer.render( scene, camera );
}
mainly the last line

This is what I get when I play it.
in the emulator and login screen
clemsclouds.jpg
this one works in the browser though and looks great
clemscloudsbrowser.jpg
I did install the new mdm but as you said
- Explicitly enabled WebGL in Webkit greeter and in theme emulator
, I did reboot after, is there somewhere I can check where this is enabled just to make sure it did get enabled? maybe that's the issue because its not rendering it.
I'll try it on the wifes computer, she still has nadia on it, I'm using lmde, who knows that might be the issue, but I always have issues with canvas and it has to be done a certain way or it just doesn't work in the login screen for me.
I'll keep testing and fooling around with it to see if I can get it working, I want to try some WebGl stuff myself.
Sam
EDIT: Ok I tried it on the wifes computer with nadia and there's no issues, it works nicely except the frame rate is a bit slow and makes the clouds jumpy, other than that it's great. I shut down then rebooted this time on mine with lmde on it (thinking that might be it but no go) it still doesn't work on lmde, I know with lmde I also cannot add percentages and px in the same element for sizes, (more control that way) it either has to be px or percentage but not both, but in nadia you can mix and match them with no issues, which allows for greater control over where things are placed.
I'll keep hunting down these issues with lmde and see if I can find an answer.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It could be that webkit isn't built with webgl support in LMDE... I'll have to check. I just finished that theme, I'm yet to test it on various specs/releases.
flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

Look at Clem throwing the whole your running Lmde... Hahaha j/k

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

:lol: @flyboy, ya this is mainly for the main edition so far, but I like lmde personally and am glad to be back on it. Plus I had another user using lmde mate and found it had some issues, as does lmde cinnamon with this.
clem wrote:It could be that webkit isn't built with webgl support in LMDE... I'll have to check. I just finished that theme, I'm yet to test it on various specs/releases.
yup that was my first thought, I was going to check the repos to see what versions are available, although it works in firefox so at least for firefox it has it built in, debian always seems to behind in things on current stable versions, just like the libc6.
I do like webgl stuff though and want to make some myself so I will be doing some digging to see what debian has available in unstable and experimental :wink:
It is a nice theme, nice clean layout and the moving clouds just sets it off, I especially like the way you have the login part transparent to allow the clouds to show through that area, nice touch.
Sam
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

"samriggs" I need three of me. I hope you understand.
I see you must be a busy man :D sorry for disturbing you :D I think I need to learn how to do it myself :D I really like your themes and one day I'll be doing sth like them :lol: I do think that you should focus on MDM themes more :D Concerning the GTK theme you're doing make it green please we don't have green themes for Mint except the one you made and Energreen :D

Me
Last edited by Brahim Salem on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Hi Clem! Where can I get the new Minty splash screen :D :D Is it a green one :D Is it safe to install the new MDM on Mint 14? :D
Me
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Its safe to install the new mdm on 14, I have it installed on lmde and nadia 14 just make sure you follow the instructions here: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2327 for installing it (especially the remove terminal code after its installed or it won't work)

So far I compared packages with nadia and lmde and both are the same for webkits unless I'm missing something.
I know to enable webgl for chromium if it isn't set is: --enable-webgl
Maybe that's all that is needed to get this enabled for the webkit but I am failing to hunt down where to enable it in lmde for the webkit itself (not chromium because that should be enabled already by now for debian), I'll test it though just to make sure.
I'll keep looking, if anyone has an answer to this please let me know, If I find it I'll post it here.
EDIT: tried upgrading webkit from sid unstable and girl with no go yet, maybe it just needs to be enabled just what part I have to find out yet.
Tried chromium webgl won't work in that either in that even with the black list code and webgl enabled, plus all the other things that need enabling/disabling in it, even tried downloading the latest stable version chrome with no go, so something is wrong somewhere because it should be working in chrome after the changes I made, and chrome://gpu shows all is good, the only thing I have webgl working in so far is in firefox.
Nadia 14 no problem, all works everywhere in everything for webgl, on this system and the wifes, lmde though, not yet.
Still hunting away for a solution :lol: if it works in firefox it should work for webkits and chrome, just have to find out how.
Alrighty got it working in chromium, last one is the emulator and login screen, still haven't got it working in those.
Sam
EDIT again and again, no need to start a new thread for this:
I decided to do a check on the emulator and it is working with webgl, here is some samples of it running webgl
webglinemulator.jpg
webglemulator.jpg
webglbird.jpg
so it does work now, the only thing is the theme, it works perfect in nadia in the login screen and emulator, except for framerate is a bit slow but that might the system it's on or something to do with accelertion rendering settings somewhere (don't know enough about that part to tell).
Just weird it doesn't work right in lmde but it does in nadia and both have the webgl enabled, although it works perfect in firefox in lmde, including framerate is nice and fast also, must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed.
Wish I knew more about this webkit stuff to find an answer, I think I reached the end of the road for any knowledge I did have to try to figure this one out.
The only error I get in the emulator is on line 184

but no such error in nadia, it renders it fine. Really weird one
My sherlock holmes hunting has reached an end on this one I think. Just drives me nuts when I can't figure out things and fix them :lol:
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I've created a new plymouth theme! How can submit it to Mint team? :D :D
Get it at http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Ev ... ent=158359

clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Thanks Brahim.
samriggs