Standards

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Standards

Post by NiksaVel »

well... in order to make something other than chaos we need to agree on some standards that we'll use. I suggest we start making skins that will work with bianca, but make them "cassandra ready"... That of course means that we have to come to an agreement on some basics of how will Cassandra look:

1. logo
2. color theme
2. aditional color themes?
3. font

Personaly I love carlos suggestion for the new logo and would like to use either the first or the third badge as a main colour theme..

http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=725
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

I 2nd that vote :wink:
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I'm leaning a bit more to the first color theme :)
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Well I guess you can't really count my vote I am biased vote. But that being said I would go with the first one also as the base. I personally feel its new, clean and cutting edge.

That is actually the color styling that I'm trying to go with for my first theme attempt.
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

I'll third that vote, but could i suggest that we add "Icon Theme" to that list, I have been using this one since I found it and have had lots of people comment on how nice it looks from users of many different OS's
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=49990
or possibly this one with a bit of tweaking, as a nice green theme
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=16527
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Just a quick note:

- We should put the emphasis on making an "altogether" theme (from the Grub menu, to the wallpaper, with even DVD case artwork). Carlos sent me a link (I can't find it .. do you have it Carlos?) about what Fedora planned to do in their next release, and you can see the coherence in all the various parts of the artwork.. not to mention the professional quality of it. Fedora has always set the standard in Linux when it came to artwork, and if we can make something of the same quality, then we should put all our efforts into it.

- As done before, the legacy themes (Bea, Bianca) will be included (not as default of course) within Cassandra.

- A good idea that made its way into Bianca was to decline the theme in different colour schemes, one being the default, but the others being there for people to chose from. Bianca comes with Bianca_Blue and Bianca_Green for instance. I personally believe we should work on the following colour schemes and decide once we have material on which would be the default:
- blue (as in Bea)
- turquoise-green (as in Bianca-Blue)
- green-black (as in Carlos logo and Bianca KDE edition)

Just some thoughs.. what do you guys think?

Clem
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

- We should put the emphasis on making an "altogether" theme (from the Grub menu, to the wallpaper, with even DVD case artwork). Carlos sent me a link (I can't find it .. do you have it Carlos?) about what Fedora planned to do in their next release, and you can see the coherence in all the various parts of the artwork.. not to mention the professional quality of it. Fedora has always set the standard in Linux when it came to artwork, and if we can make something of the same quality, then we should put all our efforts into it.
That's EXACTLY why I started this thread... we need to agree upon certain standards for the "official" themes/skins/logos and than stick with it for the Cassandra release.

- As done before, the legacy themes (Bea, Bianca) will be included (not as default of course) within Cassandra.
of course
- A good idea that made its way into Bianca was to decline the theme in different colour schemes, one being the default, but the others being there for people to chose from. Bianca comes with Bianca_Blue and Bianca_Green for instance. I personally believe we should work on the following colour schemes and decide once we have material on which would be the default:
- blue (as in Bea)
- turquoise-green (as in Bianca-Blue)
- green-black (as in Carlos logo and Bianca KDE edition)
My vote is for green-black (or should I say) green-gray as the main theme... bianca blue style as secondary....

do we really need a third one? Sounds a bit like windows xp/vista styles :)
Sorensei
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sorensei »

The green-black one is also my favorite. A nice clear-cut contrast. :wink:
I don't have a solution, but I do admire the problem.
Sorensei
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sorensei »

Alephcat wrote: or possibly this one with a bit of tweaking, as a nice green theme
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=16527
Very nice icon theme, though the license seems to be proprietary - free for personal use, but if we include it even modified, I'm not sure whether it might create issues... :?

It's good inspiration, anyway...
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

it was merely meant to be a suggestion for ideas, it was just a theme I found by accident and thought had done quite a nice job with green
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
Sorensei
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sorensei »

It is a very good suggestion, the theme is really good. :)

It gives ideas...

Return to “Your Artwork”