Request: Mint 7 Gloria CD label and CD pack label

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Request: Mint 7 Gloria CD label and CD pack label

Post by Zwopper »

Aging Technogeek wrote:Zwopper;

Love your CD labels so much I downloaded the LaCie lightscribe labeler just so I could use them. Just finished a test burn and even in grey scale on gold background it looks great.

I have ordered some green lightscribe disks. Can't wait to see what they look like.
Thanks! :D :D
WildSioux wrote:These look great! Unfortunately, I don't have a lightscribe drive.

Would anyone be able to make CD/DVD case covers in each of the versions? I think the Dew theme that Zwopper made for these CD's would make a good backdrop for the CD/DVD case covers.

Thanks
I'm working on it, hopefully it will be ready tomorrow, or the day after.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

wow Zwopper!!

those are beautiful :D

Cheers,

Deadguy
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

deadguy wrote:wow Zwopper!!
those are beautiful :D

Cheers,

Deadguy
Thanks deadguy! :D
CREA DIEM!

Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

maheshmohan.mu wrote:A lot of Thanks Zwopper to carry out my request as well.

Now I'm waiting for your CD/DVD pack covers.

Also, I'm now busy with exams. So I will post the image of printed labels next week.
Thanks!
Don't worry, I'll get them out, I've just got a lot to do at wok at the moment, AND my main PC is going to be sent away in the next few days for some warranty work, which means I've got some drive swapping to do as well... :(

Hang in there, I WILL deliever!

//Zwopper
CREA DIEM!

Jay514

Post by Jay514 »

Zwopper,

I was looking for a Lightscribe DVD Label for Mint7-KDE_CE & could not find one at Mint Artwork.com , so luckly I found yours here in the fourms.
These are great, the dew background is what I was looking for, I have used Gimp before & I'm not sure how that you get the Water Droplets in the Photos, but they are awesome, thanks again & Please link this to http://www.linuxmint-art.org/ so all can find.
Jay514
Last edited by Jay514 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Jay514 wrote:Zwopper,

I was looking for a Lightscribe DVD Label for Mint7-KDE_CE & could not find one at Mint Artwork.com , so luckly I found yours here in the fourms.
These are gerat, the dew background is what I was looking for, I have used Gimp before & i'm not sure how that you get the Water Droplets in the Photos, but they are awesome, thanks again & Please link this to http://www.linuxmint-art.org/ so all can find.
Jay514
Done!
Here they are!
CREA DIEM!

rec9140

Post by rec9140 »

dlkreations wrote: Image
Comments and feedback welcome.
Great image....but .....

Getting an error trying to download from imageshack.us

No results in searching by name.

Is this still available?

Thanks!
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

I can still download it fine, not error, just right-clicking on the image to save as works for me, so it's not a problem on imageshack's end
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

Downloads fine for me as well. I just clicked on the image and it downloaded ok.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

@zwopper

I appreciate the effort you put into your art work and am using a bit of it. I downloaded some of your desktops, have installed you GIMP dew splash and have used the CD labels you posted in this thread.

I am not intending this as a complaint or trying to get you to fix anything. I have a question regarding the Gnome Version 7 Gloria label.

I suspect my problem stems from my software/media choice. When I burned this label to a Lightscribe disc the 7 does not appear on the disc. I think the source of the problem is that it is a lightscribe disc and the label area may not extend as far toward the center of the disc as it would if I were using adhesive labels or printable discs. If it makes a difference, I used the LaCie 4L-gui software to inscribe the disc. The burner is the one integrated into my HP dv6119 laptop.

Like I said, I am not looking for a fix, I am just curious. Have you run across something like this before? Or has anyone else?

I will simply use the Dew-No_Version label henceforth. In fact I could still use the Gnome Version 7 Gloria label on discs until Helena is out because what people will see is VERSION GLORIA.

Return to “Your Artwork”