bmpanel themes

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tawan

bmpanel themes

Post by tawan »

i took the transpy theme and did 3 new versions of it, one looks like this

and you can get them from here bmpanel-themes
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
emorrp1

Re: bmpanel themes

Post by emorrp1 »

It's different, but I think I like it :wink:
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Very original thinking! Nice work!
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

I can't say I like the idea of replacing graphics with text..

Although I understand that icons are not all that intuitive either; its just that you can get used to them on a desktop, and they usually take up less space, as well as fitting in better to the overall scheme/look of the desktop..
--I do have text underneath the generic icons in Nautilus, but that is an artifact of the desktop theme used, and in that particular case, I think it works well/having generic icons for folders and a short text description/header line.. I would not be replacing such generic icons with a multitude of icons/color schemes to reflect different folder contents, although that could be done.

I think if you have a windscreen LCD, and you want to see the names of opened (TABbed) applications on the panel, it can work well enough for a small number of TABS
--I did see your dipped into Debian screenshots

In Mint I just use the applet Window Selector which shows the opened window (in the Firefox browser) as a name..
tawan

Post by tawan »

DrHu wrote:...
this bmpanel is what i use in mint fluxbox which does things differently anyway to gnome :)
tawan

Post by tawan »

based on my previous oi, here is oi2

EDIT: I forgot, you need this font Jura

Return to “Your Artwork”