How to change GDM in Helena??

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
midas
Level 4
Level 4

How to change GDM in Helena??

Post by midas »

Hello there...yesterday I installed LinuxMint Helena (64 bits) and everything is running well. I like Zwoppers Fresh-Air wallpaper very much but changed it right away in the Metal-Mint wallpaper...my all time favourite!!

But now I want to see the Metal-Mint wallpaper at the GDM (log-in screen) as well...there I still see the Fresh-Air wallpaper...does anyone know how to change it? Many thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to change GDM in Helena??

Post by midas »

Tanks richyrich!!
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
aelfinn

Post by aelfinn »

Except that this doesn't do anything for me but change the xsplash screen. The GDM theme is still the same. And I'd so love to install for example this. But how??
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

aelfinn wrote:Except that this doesn't do anything for me but change the xsplash screen. The GDM theme is still the same. And I'd so love to install for example this. But how??
Simply put - you can't, that theme was designed for GDM versions < 2.28.
You can only theme GDM >=2.28 in terms of regular system themes. You can change the wallpaper and themeset by issuing this command in terminal to bring up Appearance Preferences for GDM

Code: Select all

gksudo -u gdm dbus-launch gnome-appearance-properties
Whatever you change here will effect in the login screen.

Return to “Your Artwork”