Linux Mock Up.

Show your artwork
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Linux Mock Up.

Postby rhY on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:32 am

Mint is my favorite distro. I use it for recording, and for skype. This is a mock up I made of my ideal version of Linux:

Ideally, it would have four separate desktops on different sides of a compiz cube. One side dedicated to Internet, one dedicated to media creation, one dedicated to games, and one dedicated to office tasks.

This Mock up is for just one desktop though. Ideally, the Icons at the bottom would stand above the desktop on cube rotate, similar to the 3d world compiz plugin, although also with shadows added. Also the system menu would be available from a right click anywhere on the desktop.

linuxmockupa.png
linuxmockupa.png (578.05 KiB) Viewed 2137 times

Let me know what you think.
[url]roguerebelmusic.com[/url]
rhY
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Linux Mock Up.

Postby beyecixramd on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:40 am

Looks like E17 (Enlightenment) with a blend of Mac OS X.

The icons on the dock are too big, maybe the idea is good, but if you want that, you should auto hide the dock so it doesn't eat precious pixels.

Also, separating the screen in several workspaces for different activities is a brilliant idea, but when you open any app, it should be able to detect where to open, and what kind of app it is.
http://english-147570957330.spampoison.com Fight spam! Click here!!

"Nothing to be worried about - it's an erroneous error message!" - Husse
beyecixramd
Level 2
Level 2

Postby ranyardm on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:10 am

TBH, looks like android. Not that that's a bad thing (G1 owner here), but as both android and chromeos are based on linux, perhaps you might want to look at starting with one of those.
--
Martyn
ranyardm
Level 1
Level 1

Postby rhY on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Ideally, I would like my PC to be a phone, and have a USB dock that hooks up with a mouse/monitor. True. And yes, part of my inspiration was iPhone/Android. My main purpose however was to simplify computing for beginners. I do a lot of tech support and people are very easily confused. Having this setup, and maybe a Home directory icon opposite the clock would make an OS pretty idiot proof.
rhY
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Anomadeus on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:43 am

Those some big icons you got there!
Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | Nvidia 9600Gt | 2x WD 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s | 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 | Emu 0404
Software supporting old computers is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if it works, it’s still retarded
Anomadeus
Level 1
Level 1

Postby rhY on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Icons would only be that big if no apps were open on that workspace.
rhY
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Other artwork