Darker Mint-X Mockup (Dark panel, mods)

Show your artwork
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Darker Mint-X Mockup (Dark panel, mods)

Postby cath0dez on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi all.

I just finished mashing up a bunch of themes (Mint-X, Nautilus-mod, and some others) and I wanted top see if anyone would be interested in a cleaned up theme along these lines. I'm not sure what protocol is on combining other people's work.. my plan was to see if anyone else wants this, get approval / inform the originators of my intent, then clean everything up.

I built the theme on the new Elementary and Mint-X themes using the elementary modded nautilus (w. breadcrums) and Turrican Controls. My goal was to get a cleaner version of the Mint-X theme with a dark panel, light menus, and no f*ed up icons (dark on dark, light on light, etc). After a few hours of just mashing themes together, I think I have gotten pretty close to what I would want in my theme. If I go forward I think I would just add an alternate green control set (current is blue, but I think it works) and integrate everything into a .deb.

Here it is... let me know what you think.

cath0dez
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Darker Mint-X Mockup (Dark panel, mods)

Postby AirValor on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:20 am

I really like what you've done.
As for combining them, check the licenses. Usually people let you do that, but you'll have to give them credit.

Yes, I would love to see a green control set aswell in the package.

Looking forward to the release :)
AirValor
Level 1
Level 1

Postby cath0dez on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:46 am

So I am aborting the project. Basically, I figured out what was going on with Elementary's dark panel theme - no need to reinvent the wheel. There is a new set of elementary icons available @ http://danrabbit.deviantart.com/art/elementary-Icons-65437279?q=&qo=. Dan (the guy behind elementary) is diggin the dark panel and these icons are needed to make it work without weird color overlays.

I'm pretty happy with the new Elementary theme using the controls from Turrican. It would be nice if Mint included the elementary nautilus file manager in the distro. Its really a no brainer in terms of usability, but could be confusing to get working for beginners. Thats another topic though.
cath0dez
Level 1
Level 1

Postby AirValor on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:11 pm

That's too bad...
Really hoped to seeing a release.

Could you post where to download the "Elementary's dark panel theme"?
AirValor
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jesica on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:33 pm

not bad, I like it

My Linux Counter number # 566377
Mate
IT Ninja
Happy apt-get-ing!
Linux Mint Donar # 2159

Security is the separation of an asset from a threat.
jesica
Level 9
Level 9

Return to Other artwork