Mint stickers to cover windows

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
samriggs

Re: Mint stickers to cover windows

Post by samriggs »

Hopefully they will deliver for you folks.
It's a good way to produce some money for the mint.
but if for some reason they do not send anything, you can always buy some sticky paper and print out your own, mine are still sticking good on every computer I put them on.
But with that said, I'd rather see money be donated to the mint, plus they are probably using vinyl stickers instead, which is a higher quality.
Hmmm if I only had a half decent vinyl printer I might do this myself as a side business but that cost at least 2 grand for a half decent one with a plotter, even to do only sticker size. Maybe an ideal for the future and supply them for Canada and this side of the planet.
Sam
tjmax
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tjmax »

1200 x 1200 is actually not that big and even if you leave it PSD or XCF with layers it should only be a few megs.

Some of my PSD's, especially the 3d ones are a couple hundred megs. The fully layered version of my wall paper is around 47 megs, Its slimmed down to 14megs just leaving a few key elements for publish.

High Rez Photography, an 8 megapixle camera's raw12 image is 12.3 MB. that's with out touching the picture.The screen rez of an 8 megapixle picture from say your cell phone.. is 3504 x 2336. Once you shrink it down and convert it to JPG, all bets are off its much lower quality but tremendously lower size.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

I just save them as pngs on high quality 600 or 1200 and its low enough in memory to print nicely on any printer, unless its a laser that only does 600 then its better to leave it at 600. All you need is one image and lay it out to print as many as you like.
tff image files are nice also but extremely high in memory, you really can't tell the difference depending on the printer.
rolands are good for vinyls, epsons have some nice one also with plotters included you can pick up for just over a couple of grand.
I just did mine on an inkjet with sticky label paper and it turned out fine, except the extreme fine print came out abit fuzzy other then that it's all good :D
toto

Post by toto »

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 98#p498498

I have to report to the paypal transaction.
Without delivery within a few days, it will be blocked.
It is not for the small expense incurred, but for the principle. Image

Linux Mint blog http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1833 supported Unixstickers, but if it does not keep its commitments, we must know and do not trust him. Image

I reminds that the forums are referenced by the search engines and that the association of the name Unixstickers with "undeliverable" will not help him in his trade.
tux-sven

Post by tux-sven »

I have now contacted PayPal and told them about the PROBLEM with UNIXSTICKERS.
From PayPal I wrote an email to UnixStickers which I suppose PayPal keep an eye on. :?
But things are as USUAL, that means, NO ANSWER from UnixStickers.

Before 15 days from the email was sent I can take step 2 towards UnixStickers via PayPal.

I'll wait some days more, but it seems that UnixStickers don't care about anything at all nowdays. :x

Perhaps I also should write to Clem about this.
If this is the way Stefano is doing his business it will not bring anything good to Clem and Mint. :(
Evil-K

Post by Evil-K »

I had ordered my stickers back on October 24 of this year, and here it is in the beginning of December and I haven't seen anything either. I was willing to allow a little extra time, given that I'm in the US, but since folks in Europe also haven't seen their orders...

Funny how he was really quick to take my money...
fashionsofmystery

Post by fashionsofmystery »

I picked up a linux inside case badge from thinkgeek.com . If I remember right they had them for ubuntu.... perhaps we could approach them about a mint badge. Based here in the USA shipping was not a problem.
fashionsofmystery

Post by fashionsofmystery »

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/sti ... 43/?srp=14

Ok so they have a Tux badge and a Linux Inside but no ubuntu or mint.... However I think an e-mail to them could remedy that.

Just upgraded to Mint 12 and it works out of the box on my system. YEA! :mrgreen:
toto

Post by toto »

Today, Paypal says :

We have completed our study on your record and we Ruled in your favor.

We were able to recover the sum of € 4.50, you were credited.
The adjustment may take up to five working days.
If the seller still owes money, we will do what is
We can to recover the balance from the latter.

You can be assured that we will take appropriate measures to
Against the seller if the reserve account of the latter is
Insufficient to complete the refund owed ​​to you. the
Account privileges including the seller will be limited.
Evil-K

Post by Evil-K »

toto wrote:Today, Paypal says :

We have completed our study on your record and we Ruled in your favor.

We were able to recover the sum of € 4.50, you were credited.
The adjustment may take up to five working days.
If the seller still owes money, we will do what is
We can to recover the balance from the latter.

You can be assured that we will take appropriate measures to
Against the seller if the reserve account of the latter is
Insufficient to complete the refund owed ​​to you. the
Account privileges including the seller will be limited.
Good for you toto :). Hopefully I'll have the same luck that you had. I'm wondering if Clem is aware of this since, officially, Unixstickers is partnered with Linux Mint.
tux-sven

Post by tux-sven »

Now I also have raised the level against UnixStickers (Stefano Di Luca) via PayPal. They are looking at the issue just now.
I think the days for Stefano Di Luca as user of PayPal payment system are counted by now.

No delivery since my order of 2011-10-13. Two month by now! :evil:
tux-sven

Post by tux-sven »

I have also informed Clem about the problems with UnixStickers and Stefano Di Luca. Clem can now decide what to do.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll try to contact them and follow up with you on what happens.

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

I got an answer from Stefano.

Unixstickers went through some difficulties and they lost a lot of time. In addition to this they had to change suppliers and seek a new one, so even more time was wasted. I'm sorry this happened and I'd like to apologize, although indirectly, to everyone here who bought from our partner and still didn't get delivered.

Stefano assured all orders would be processed within the next few days and it looks like his company is finally ready to get back on track. We'll keep an eye on this and hope this won't happen again. For now, and hoping this was a once-off, our partnership with Unixstickers.com stands.

Clem.
toto

Post by toto »

"Qui vivra, verra !" (time will tell)

Clem must write to him that Stefano write a response ...

Write a mail common to all its customers on hold does not take more time.
Nothing on the site UNIXSTIKERS about problems.
It looks like a measure to appease and continue ...

If I get something, you'll know immediately.
Evil-K

Post by Evil-K »

toto wrote:"Qui vivra, verra !" (time will tell)

Clem must write to him that Stefano write a response ...

Write a mail common to all its customers on hold does not take more time.
Nothing on the site UNIXSTIKERS about problems.
It looks like a measure to appease and continue ...

If I get something, you'll know immediately.
Yes, Stefano should've sent emails to his customers and put up a mention on his website explaining that there have been problems and to expect delays with any current and future shipments. It seems rather unprofessional that it took the man behind Mint to light a fire under him.

Still, because of Clem's word, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and hope that I get my shipment (or my money back) shortly.
Anakinholland

Post by Anakinholland »

clem wrote:Hi,

I got an answer from Stefano.

Unixstickers went through some difficulties and they lost a lot of time. In addition to this they had to change suppliers and seek a new one, so even more time was wasted. I'm sorry this happened and I'd like to apologize, although indirectly, to everyone here who bought from our partner and still didn't get delivered.

Stefano assured all orders would be processed within the next few days and it looks like his company is finally ready to get back on track. We'll keep an eye on this and hope this won't happen again. For now, and hoping this was a once-off, our partnership with Unixstickers.com stands.

Clem.
To be honest, the facts that some people went 2 MONTHS with a single word, and you getting a reply within 3 HOURS, makes me all the more suspicious!
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It's understandable you're angry with the lack of communication from Unixstickers, anyone in this situation would be. Let me know how this develops. I'm subscribed to this thread so I'm notified by email whenever there's something new.
tux-sven

Post by tux-sven »

Now PayPal has decided to my favor. The answer is in Swedish, but it tells the same as the answer to toto.

"Lösning av ditt fall: nrPP-001-566-620-***
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bästa Sven *****!

Vi har slutfört vår undersökning av ditt fall och har beslutat till din
fördel.

Vi lyckades få tillbaka 9,90 EUR och du har krediterats det beloppet. Det
tar fem arbetsdagar innan justeringen visas.

Om du inte har fått alla pengar ska vi göra vårt bästa att få tillbaka
resterande belopp från säljaren.

Om det inte finns tillräckligt med pengar på säljarens konto för att betala
det resterande beloppet kommer vi att vidta lämpliga åtgärder mot säljarens
konto, exempelvis begränsa säljarens kontoprivilegier."

Now I will wait and see if my money comes.
But the best thing had been that I got my stickers because then Clem had got his money also.

/Sven

My suggestion is that we should try to find another vendor of Mint stickers, one we could trust.
toto

Post by toto »

tux-sven wrote:Now PayPal has decided to my favor. The answer is in Swedish, but it tells the same as the answer to toto.

"Lösning av ditt fall: nrPP-001-566-620-***
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bästa Sven *****!

Vi har slutfört .../...
Now I will wait and see if my money comes.
But the best thing had been that I got my stickers because then Clem had got his money also.
/Sven

My suggestion is that we should try to find another vendor of Mint stickers, one we could trust.

Image http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1833 ? ? ? Image

Return to “Your Artwork”